Road Glide banner

Rockford Fosgate

7K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  phillyfan1 
#1 ·
Has anyone done the Rockford Fosgate complete kit and if so is it worth $1449.00 plus installation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
For that kind of "scratch" I would definitely look into piecing it together myself.
Plenty of great amps, (Stinger 700, Soundigital to name a couple) and speakers, (MMats PA601CX 6.5 & PA690.4CX 6x9 which are getting rave reviews for a 4 speaker system) along with wiring kits, (that can be found on Amazon) available if You take the time to "Search".
But that's just My opinion.
Plenty of knowledgeable Audio Members here that can point You in the right direction, if you ask.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

#7 ·
While at Bikes Blues and Barbcue in Fayetteville AR this past weekend I and my friend installed the Full 4 speaker Rockford Fosgate systems in our 2019 Road Glide Ultra and Ultra Limited.
We had a 450 mile ride back home and we could actually hear our music very clearly even at 80 plus mph. I’m a happy listener now. The price is steep but it’s also quaility Marine Grade equipment.
With my new stereo upgrade and Legend Revo A rear shock upgrades I’m one very happy M8 114 Road Glide Ultra owner. 22,000 Smiles on these bike and nary an issue.

#23 ·
While at Bikes Blues and Barbcue in Fayetteville AR this past weekend I and my friend installed the Full 4 speaker Rockford Fosgate systems in our 2019 Road Glide Ultra and Ultra Limited.
We had a 450 mile ride back home and we could actually hear our music very clearly even at 80 plus mph. I’m a happy listener now. The price is steep but it’s also quaility Marine Grade equipment.
With my new stereo upgrade and Legend Revo A rear shock upgrades I’m one very happy M8 114 Road Glide Ultra owner. 22,000 Smiles on these bike and nary an issue.
Do you like the Revo A suspension? Did you do the front also or just the rear? Is there a big difference between the new and stock suspension? Is it work the money?

#8 ·
I wouldn't pay that kind of cash for it, but that's just me. The lid kit might be fine but the speakers are blah at best.
So I would pay 1500 for a lid kit and amp?? No thanks

Reactions: Mike U
#9 ·
so has anyone attempted to put PA690's in the Rockford kit? I'm tossing that idea around.

#10 ·
Boosted, your on the other forum right? Gypsy has put different ones I his lids. No U Glider just put the Ground zero in his lids. From what I have read, the basket needs to be modified. Better off asking the guys that have done it.
Take a look at the GZ 7x10s before you make a decision. They are no joke

#15 ·
Just installed the full stage 2 RF system including head unit With 4 speakers (tour pack). Head unit is great, install is easy, amp seems good, rear speakers are good enough, but front speakers are average at best. Already looking at adding Mmats PA601s to this setup. So was the $2k worth it, yes for the head unit and amp plus the plug and play easy install It was. Could have saved a bit if I piece it out. Oh well.

#16 ·
Ok so I ended up going with the Hertz MPX165.3 pro Mille 2-way coaxial speakers for the front. Hopefully my arc audio 6.5” speaker brackets will work? They worked with the Focal speakers. got a good deal for them $300, normally $400. Hope they sound better than RF speakers.

#18 ·
I’ve got the RF TM400X so 100w per channel.

#19 ·
100 might be a little light for those speakers. I don't know anything about that amp, is it 2ohm stable?
Whats the speaker specs?
Don't know if wiring them in parallel nd bridged is a option or not. Research that before you try it though!

#20 ·
The ones I bought are 4ohm and 100w RMS which is what the amp is rated at.

#22 ·
Thanks I appreciate it. I’ll need it.

#24 ·
my Final review on the RF system. Like the head unit, the amp seems to have plenty of power, but the sound is not what I had before with the HD head unit and Arc Audio amp with Focal speakers. Now I have 4 speakers, already replaced the RF fairing speakers as they sounded terrible, and put in the Hertz MPX. Finally got it out today, and they system is not good. RF rear speakers are all high and very tinny sounding. The Hertz has more mid range, but no bass whatso ever. My focals had really clear sound, and nice bass for a small powered system. I guess I’ll have to go back to the Focals. And i would say if I did this again, I would not have bought the kit, and just bought the head unit, and maybe the amp. wish I hadn’t blown my other focals.

#25 ·
Man this sucks. Its not the first time I have heard the disappointment with the RF stuff unfortunately .
Sit and down and they out a plan and budget. Lots of guys here and on the other forum who can get your where you want to be.

Reactions: Brianu1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.