Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - Different Idea for a Shark Week
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:32 AM
Shrug
Life Member

Garage
Great minds think alike!

When Carol and I were dreaming up SWIX, we considered a two-location approach before we secured the Deadwood venue. We could have sorted out the logistics, but the nomad approach would be a lot of additional effort on participants with tight schedules.

The original Shark Weeks were intentionally planned as Tuesday through Thursday events, allowing attendees to travel weekends and take only one week off work. In recent years, people have begun showing up earlier and earlier with many staying later. I tend to arrive earlier because I like riding 900+ mile days and having a day or two to chill in the area before the official start.

Chris (Hutmo) is taking Shark Week X back to the (his) original idea with an official Tues-Thurs schedule in Gettysburg. It's a given that many will arrive early as there's so much wonderful terrain to ride there and in the surrounding areas.

Chris also created the Gypsy Tour, which led SW riders across the country in a multi-day trek through iconic locations and sites such as Route 66. Following the tour online and greeting the riders as they arrived at the SW hotel was always a favorite part of my SW experience. I'm not sure if there will be a Gypsy Tour this year as he will be pretty tied up with SWX.

Looking at your FB post, it appears you might have your own nationwide tour to SWX. I'm envious and can't wait till I'm retired and have that kind of time on my hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shrug - Scott Wilson
2010 FLTRX "Hester 2.0" -
Blue Knights Texas Chapter XLVI

Last edited by Shrug; 09-05-2019 at 10:35 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome