Suspension - Road Glide Forums
Suspensions Discuss all you Suspension needs and wants here!
Sponsored by: JRI Shocks

View Poll Results: Ohlin or Legend
Ohlin 18 75.00%
Legend 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
SERGMARK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 38
Garage
Suspension

I currently have Ricor intiminators up front and Ricor shocks on the back of my 2012 RGC. I am really not happy with how it rides and as the bike came with that suspension on it, I want a better set up than how it is now. I have narrowed it down to Ohlin's and Legend. I hear a lot about how Ohlin is the best and nothing compare's to it, but when I look on line for product videos I don't see much. When I look at Legend there is a lot of videos on how it works, rides and customers who love it.

I know this has been beat to death, but I just don't want to spend 2 grand on suspension and buy the wrong one. I am looking for some solid information from those who are using both Ohlin and Legend suspensions. I am not looking for input on any other brand please

As of now I am leaning more towards Legend due to the fact I can see the videos of the product and how it works real world. I would like to know more about Ohlin's so I can make the right decision and compare both brands fairly. I only want to purchase it one time. I also did a search but didn't find what I was looking for on Ohlin's.

Thanks in advance
Mark

2012 RGC SE stage lV, suppertrapp 2-1, mini apes, edge cut controls, levers, Willie G accessories, SE A/C, 2017 saddle bags.
SERGMARK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Life Member
 
Smarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Royse City, Texas
Posts: 2,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERGMARK View Post
I currently have Ricor intiminators up front and Ricor shocks on the back of my 2012 RGC. I am really not happy with how it rides and as the bike came with that suspension on it, I want a better set up than how it is now. I have narrowed it down to Ohlin's and Legend. I hear a lot about how Ohlin is the best and nothing compare's to it, but when I look on line for product videos I don't see much. When I look at Legend there is a lot of videos on how it works, rides and customers who love it.

I know this has been beat to death, but I just don't want to spend 2 grand on suspension and buy the wrong one. I am looking for some solid information from those who are using both Ohlin and Legend suspensions. I am not looking for input on any other brand please

As of now I am leaning more towards Legend due to the fact I can see the videos of the product and how it works real world. I would like to know more about Ohlin's so I can make the right decision and compare both brands fairly. I only want to purchase it one time. I also did a search but didn't find what I was looking for on Ohlin's.

Thanks in advance
Mark
I sent you a pm Serg. All I can say about Ohlin's is attention to detail to get the very best handling Harley out there hands down. Are there other good shocks out there, absolutely, but everyone is shooting at the main player Ohlin.

2016 RGS Black Quartz
Smarty is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Member
 
Morningwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Woodstock IL
Posts: 435
I put the axeo,s in my 16rgs. They are a little stiff on small bumps but soak up the big stuff extremely well. The bike tracks true an feels planted. Can't comment on the rears I have Super Shocks.
Morningwood is offline  
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Newbie
 
engelfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: GŁtersloh Germany
Posts: 7
Garage
this might help Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
E56789 likes this.

engelfree
engelfree is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 04:00 PM
Prospect
 
MisterEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 274
There are several people on here that have Ohlins that will chime in. You've set a budget so what are you needing/wanting/expecting the package to do for you?
MisterEd is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Life Member
 
Mike U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,099
If you're looking for Ohlins pm Howard, Fast Harley, or Speedy they have much info and very helpful.
I bought the Ohlins FKC 101 and Howard's Ohlins #6 with remote reservoir.
I haven't had it out for a ride yet but I'm expecting a new awesome ride based on my research.
Best of Luck on whatever you choose.
Mike U.
Mike U is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
SERGMARK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 38
Garage
Thanks for the responses. I did talk to smarty today and he is a top notch guy. Very helpful and asked all the right questions. Needless to say I have decided to go with Ohlins. As far as what I am looking for well the best way I can explain it is when I am out on the back roads I want my bike to absorb all the crazy bumps and dips and pot holes. With the ricor I don't feel that at all. I went around a turn and there was a big bump across the road and I almost ate it as the bike was all over the place. I also like the fact that Ohlins has an extensive race and track history behind them.
turbochrisb likes this.

2012 RGC SE stage lV, suppertrapp 2-1, mini apes, edge cut controls, levers, Willie G accessories, SE A/C, 2017 saddle bags.
SERGMARK is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Life Member
 
SteadyEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERGMARK View Post
Thanks for the responses. I did talk to smarty today and he is a top notch guy. .
@Smarty is a dick.....I texted him once during my purchase and it took him almost (45) seconds to text back........shower my ass !!!!!!

Anyone looking, he is your man - Went out of his way to help me and whether he likes it or not......became a great friend in the process - BUUUUT, with Smarty you get @eddienelson too and that can be a deal breaker for some.....I had to learn to live with it

- Just Because I Wander Means Not That I am Lost -
SteadyEddie is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Life Member
 
Smarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Royse City, Texas
Posts: 2,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
@Smarty is a dick.....I texted him once during my purchase and it took him almost (45) seconds to text back........shower my ass !!!!!!

Anyone looking, he is your man - Went out of his way to help me and whether he likes it or not......became a great friend in the process - BUUUUT, with Smarty you get @eddienelson too and that can be a deal breaker for some.....I had to learn to live with it
Well Steady, we all have some baggage we bring to the table with us, some worse than others. What can I say brutha!

2016 RGS Black Quartz
Smarty is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 08:17 AM
Grey beard
 
ERod62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 967
Call Howard.
He can guide you thoughtout the shocks upgrade and set them to your weight etc. Will give u earl full of info.
Bandit 7 likes this.
ERod62 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 suspension dilemma 2010 FLTRX Aftermarket Accessories 10 07-30-2010 08:47 PM
Proggressive Suspension Monotube Kit akjeff *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 6 07-30-2010 09:47 AM
H-D Suspension Air Pump joke *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 30 07-08-2010 06:28 PM
Throttle and suspension - 2010 abone Troubleshooting for Road Glides 1 05-18-2010 02:14 PM
Suspension upgrade Grego Aftermarket Accessories 3 04-11-2010 03:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome