Road Glide banner

Autotune

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  longrides 
#1 ·
Finally got the gutted head pipe installed from B&E, re-cored mufflers from B&E, and FM Air kit. Nice rumble.... still smells a little from the ceramic coating curing on the head pipe. Installed the Power vision and map from Fuel Moto. No lag, no popping and frankly, didn't notice a lot of difference until..... I had to get on it to get around a vehicle to catch an on ramp....

HOLY $H!T the bike almost came out from under me! :eek:
The map seems to be spot on. Checked the plugs and they are a nice light tan.... no more ash white as with the OEM setup.

However, given my long history of tinkering and not leaving well enough alone.... I decided to try Auto Tune to see if I could tweak it a bit and I keep getting a error message... cannot communicate with the ECU or something. The lead is routed under the tank and neatly to the data port under the left side panel. I've watched the video a couple of times and will try again today.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest and the map did load .... just can't figure why autotune won't run. Since I can't reach FM or dynojet today I thought maybe the experts here may have a suggestion..... :confused:

See less See more
#4 ·
As I recall, I think the bike was idling.... I'm going to try again this morning..... :eek:

#8 ·
Worked fine today.... don't know what I did wrong last night..... Thanks for all the advice. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.