Download the firmware update from the HD website, and follow the update instructions. http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...wareUpdate.zip
You could also try a factory reset.
Here's how to get into the radio diagnostics.
Harman Kardon “Radio Diagnostics”
How to access the radio’s diagnostic display:
1. Press the eject button and remove any CD.
2. Press and hold any two softkeys (numbered buttons 1-6) then turn the ignition switch to ON.
3. Once the H-D logo is displayed, the radio’s software does a complete switch check, scans for current DTC’s, and then displays the radio diagnostic display.
4. Release the sofkeys ONLY after the radio diagnostic display appears.
5. If there are shorted switches, the display will show a DTC and brief description of the source/cause of the problem.
6. If there are no shorted switches (or other DTC’s) the radio display will read “Diag Test” and allow several functions, e.g. checking the switches, checking the software version, etc.
· If a switch is functioning properly, the display shows the switch name and “OK.”
· Verify that the switch you are checking is the switch identified in the display. Because of the switch wiring, the display may show “OK” but the switch identified in the display may not be the one you are testing, so you need to verify.
B0563 Battery voltage high
B2006 Radio switch stuck or open
B2007 Handlebar switch shorted high
B2008 Handlebar switch shorted low
B2009 Handlebar switch stuck or open
B2010 Passenger switch shorted high
B2011 Passenger switch shorted low
B2012 Passenger switch stuck or open
B2016 Front speakers shorted
B2017 Front speakers open (but see Note at bottom of thread if you've installed an amplifier.)
B2018 Front speakers shorted to ground
B2019 Front speakers shorted to battery
B2020 Rear speakers shorted
B2021 Rear Speakers open
B2022 Rear speakers shorted
B2023 Rear speakers shorted to battery
U1016 J1850 lost communications (comm.) with ECM
U1300 J1850 bus shorted low
U1301 J1850 bus shorted high
U1302 Infotainment bus off error
U1304 Infotainment bus lost comm. with future
U1305 Same as U1304
U1306 Infotainment lost comm.with hands-free phone module
U1307 Infotainment lost comm. with CB
U1308-U1312 Infotainment bus lost comm. with future
U1313 Infotainment bus lost comm. with navigation
U1314 Infotainment bus lost comm. with navigation
U1315-1316 Infotainment bus lost comm. with future
U1317 Infotainment bus lost comm. with high output amplifier
1 Radio Inoperative
2 Poor or No Reception
3 Static Present with Engine Running
4 CB Transmitter inoperative and SWR Adjustment
5 CB Receiver Inoperative
6 Intercom Inoperative
7 Handheld Microphone/PTT Inoperative
8 Speaker Switch Malfunction
9 Headset Speakers Inoperative
10 No or Low Audio From Microphone
11 No or Low Audio with High Output Amplifier
12 No or Low Audio From XM or XM Inoperative
13 XM – No or intermittent Reception
14 Navigation Inoperative
15 AVC Inoperative
16 Handlebar, passenger or sidecar switches inoperative
17 CD skipping
18 Hands-free Phone Module Inoperative
No or low audio to hands-free phone module