I think we have it dialed now with better info here at Daytona ,,,,,
03-11/2015 - UPDATE to the 2014-2015 Harley Infotainment Systems Flash Issue.
After having numerous (more than 10) radio flashes performed at our local Harley Dealer over the last 14 days, & now with more than 35 ROKKER audio system installs/flashes at the J&M audio trailer over the past 6-days at Daytona Bike Week, I have a much better look at this entire issue.
What has been the MOST confusing part is that it seems the Harley Dealer Digital Technician computers are not all being updated at the same rate, so when the Harley Davidson mother ship initiates changes to one or more software programs, it does not get out to all of the USA Harley dealers simultaneously.
So I am going to attempt to simplify this for the average Joe and by no means do I consider myself an expert.
1) J&M Brand ROKKER series & Performance series amplifiers are currently preset from the factory for Harley radio flash ((2 or 4 speakers, amp 1 OFF, amp 2 OFF)) which is how most if not all of the 2014-2015 radios have so far been delivered stock from Harley, (with the CVOs being the exception to this), so there is NO reason to have the stock Harley radio re-flashed when installing the J&M brand speakers & amplifiers.
2) When installing other non-Harley brand speakers/amplifiers, simply adjust the amplifier input gain & frequency response curve settings to optimize the available volume and clarity, just as you would do with a standard automotive type radio, regardless of how the Harley radio is flashed, and if you change the radio flash at a later date, then simply re-optimize the amplifier input gain/frequency response settings.
3) For the new J&M ROKKER XX Extreme & Performance Extreme installation KITS http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=55
as of this date, are going to be offered pre-set for the BoomBox 6.5GT premium & 4.3 standard radio, with the REQUIRED Harley radio flash as ((4-speakers, amp 1 ON, amp 2 ON)) and this particular Harley radio flash will automatically activate the front/rear fader control.
4) This Harley radio flash ((4-speakers, amp 1 ON, amp 2 ON)) combined with a properly adjusted J&M ROKKER or other brand amplifier, will provide superior sound & clarity, compared the current stock Harley radio flash ((2 or 4 speakers, amp 1 OFF, amp 2 OFF)).
5) These new special J&M ROKKER XTP amplifier DSP software programs designed for the Harley radio flash as ((4-speakers, amp 1 ON, amp 2 ON)), will be available on the J&M ROKKER XTP software download webpage http://www.jmcorp.com/static/rokker-downloads.htm
within the next 14 days, for those of you who already have a J&M ROKKER XTP amplifier and wish to re-flash your Harley radio to ((4-speakers, amp 1 ON, amp 2 ON)), and update the amplifier settings.
We will be providing further updates as they become available. JMJOHN – [email protected]