Adding speakers to 6-pack - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
powerstroke219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 185
Adding speakers to 6-pack

Hey guys, I have the newest Hawg Wired six pack on order. Being a mod sicko like most of you guys on this forum, I am already thinking that I should do more, even though I have not even heard this system yet..

Question being, i was thinking of adding 2 more 6.5's in the faring, has anybody added speakers to the six pack without adding another amp? Would I be better off pumping full power to 2 zx speakers, or adding 2 more shallow mounts (probably the RF's or maybe polks) to the faring and dividing the amps power by 4?

Sorry if this is a dumb question and the answer is obvious. But hey, if you don't know, ask. Thanks in advance.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 FLTRX denim black
powerstroke219 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Life Member
 
Neano62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,265
Send a message via Yahoo to Neano62
Isn't that amp a four channel?
Or do you have to buy the satelites?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/IMG]
Neano62 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
powerstroke219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neano62 View Post
Isn't that amp a four channel?
Or do you have to buy the satelites?
http://hawg-wired.com/product_info.p...h/24/pPath/186

It appears to be a 2 channel. I have a feeling one could run more than 2 speakers off of it though.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 FLTRX denim black
powerstroke219 is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Administrator
 
Dmize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,681
you can depending how you wire the speakers....

series vs parallel but I cant recall what way.

You'll need all the speakers to be the same ohm i think.

I called HW with the same question.....the guy laughed at the fact I had not even installed the 6 pack yet and already wanted to expand on it.

I asked the same question a bit back... this thread might help you.

https://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=27088

this link is in the thread, but good reading here... at the bottom you can plug in the lowest stable ohm of the amp and it will show you how to wire the speakers... your amp is 2ohm stable and your ZX speakers are 4ohms. (if they have not changed the 6 pack )
D.

D.Mize
16 CVO RGU

Last edited by Dmize; 01-19-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Dmize is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
powerstroke219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
you can depending how you wire the speakers....

series vs parallel but I cant recall what way.

You'll need all the speakers to be the same ohm i think.

I called HW with the same question.....the guy laughed at the fact I had not even installed the 6 pack yet and already wanted to expand on it.

I asked the same question a bit back... this thread might help you.

https://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=27088

this link is in the thread, but good reading here... at the bottom you can plug in the lowest stable ohm of the amp and it will show you how to wire the speakers... your amp is 2ohm stable and your ZX speakers are 4ohms. (if they have not changed the 6 pack )
D.
Thanks, the link was very helpful. Did you end up actually adding the extra speakers?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 FLTRX denim black
powerstroke219 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Administrator
 
Dmize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke219 View Post
Thanks, the link was very helpful. Did you end up actually adding the extra speakers?
Im in the process of installing my system now....(well after I trouble shoot my wiring problem).

But I bought a 2nd pair of ZX for my lowers....

D.Mize
16 CVO RGU
Dmize is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Life Member
 
Mike U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,903
Does anyone know when the Hawg Wired equipment will be off back order?
I placed an order in December for their HW 6 Pack and I'm still waiting.
It's my understanding that the amp and installation kit are on back order without any new info as to when it would be available.
It's the only thing I'm waiting for to get my bike back together.
I'm going to put in a call to them tomorrow.
If I find out anything I'll let everyone know.
Thanks
Mike U.

USMC 1975-1977
Semper Fi!
Nothing else matters!
Mike U is online now  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
powerstroke219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike U View Post
Does anyone know when the Hawg Wired equipment will be off back order?
I placed an order in December for their HW 6 Pack and I'm still waiting.
It's my understanding that the amp and installation kit are on back order without any new info as to when it would be available.
It's the only thing I'm waiting for to get my bike back together.
I'm going to put in a call to them tomorrow.
If I find out anything I'll let everyone know.
Thanks
Mike U.
Cool keep us posted. I was actually wishing we had a thread on it cause I know more than a few of us on here are waiting on their stuff.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 FLTRX denim black
powerstroke219 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Hangaround
 
riptilyaflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Steambaot Springs, CO
Posts: 109
When adding more speakers; More power is ALWAYS - better, cleaner, louder.
With the new Hawg Wired amps you can fit 4 into the nose. I would use 1 amp/ pair of speakers, if your looking for more.
I spoke with the guys at HW last Friday, the new amps are being shipped, waiting on the remotes, which are supposed to ship the 1st week of Feb.
riptilyaflip is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
powerstroke219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by riptilyaflip View Post
When adding more speakers; More power is ALWAYS - better, cleaner, louder.
With the new Hawg Wired amps you can fit 4 into the nose. I would use 1 amp/ pair of speakers, if your looking for more.
I spoke with the guys at HW last Friday, the new amps are being shipped, waiting on the remotes, which are supposed to ship the 1st week of Feb.
Big 10-4 on the more power.. I already started cutting holes for the RF slim mounts inner faring, so I'm gonna give it a try running 4 speakers off this 1 amp. If it does not sound really good I will know what the problem is. Just does not seem totally necessary to buy a extra amp when the RF's are 70w RMS. and the Hawg amp is 2 ohm stabil.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 FLTRX denim black
powerstroke219 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding run brake and turn to your King tour pack? steventammy Lighting 8 08-20-2017 04:37 PM
Adding Tour Pack to FLTRX army12b Audio 3 02-23-2016 04:00 PM
Adding Tour Pack Speakers to 2013 RG CVO Warzone Audio 1 11-15-2015 11:58 AM
Adding a Tour Pack ???? Louster47 Do-IT-Yourself 1 09-06-2013 08:09 AM
adding turn signal lights in tour pack???? kentucky cowboy Lighting 5 03-21-2013 10:56 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome