Newbie Stereo Upgrade - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

 4Likes
  • 1 Post By bless0
  • 1 Post By bless0
  • 2 Post By beatlesfab4fan
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Painey01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 179
Garage
Newbie Stereo Upgrade

Just moved to a 2018 RGS from a 2007 Road King so don't know shit about upgrading my audio on the bike except what I have read on this forum.

I have already added Infinity Kappas speakers and about to order a Cerwin Vega amp and BT355 line leveler as I think that will give me a good starting system and one I can actually hear clearly riding down the highway.

Now the simpleton questions, regarding the BT355 which option should pick, Im guess first one?
CHOOSE CONNECTION:
Front Speaker Connector
Street/Classic/Road In-Fairing Rear Speaker Connector (ex. Ultra and CVO)
Universal

Also, does anyone have a simple schematic showing how the amp, BT355 and HD head unit should be connected, I know this is basic stuff but I have no idea and want to make sure I have all the bits to hand BEFORE taking my bike apart.

Do I need to run the power cable to the battery or is there another power outlet I can tap into?

One last point, is it worth buying the 4 channel amp and running wires for bag speakers IF I decide to add them at a later date?

2019 ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL : Candy Hot Rod Red Flake, Stage 2, 14" KST Renegade bars, Custom Dynamics turn signals, Klockwerks screen, Cobra Neighbor Hater slip-ons, Diamond Audio amp, Hertz speakers, adventblack chopped tour pac, red alligator seat and backrest
Painey01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 07:08 AM
Member
 
bless0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 472
Garage
I have the same bike and i did that exact upgrade except i went with component speakers. Yes you should run the power and ground all the way down to the Battery. As for a schematic there isnt one but the connection is pretty simple. You disconnect your front speaker connections between the HU and speakers. use the side coming from the HU and connect those to the BT355. Then the RCA outputs of the BT355 you connect as short as possible set of RCA cables to the amp. Then run speaker wires from the amp thru the rubber grommets that house the stock speaker connecters to the new speakers. I bought the B54 and ran speaker wires to the back of the bike for future saddle bag speakers.
Slider57 likes this.
bless0 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Painey01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 179
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bless0 View Post
I have the same bike and i did that exact upgrade except i went with component speakers. Yes you should run the power and ground all the way down to the Battery. As for a schematic there isnt one but the connection is pretty simple. You disconnect your front speaker connections between the HU and speakers. use the side coming from the HU and connect those to the BT355. Then the RCA outputs of the BT355 you connect as short as possible set of RCA cables to the amp. Then run speaker wires from the amp thru the rubber grommets that house the stock speaker connecters to the new speakers. I bought the B54 and ran speaker wires to the back of the bike for future saddle bag speakers.
Sounds perfect and easy, which BT355 option do I need to select?
Im also in Tampa, well Port Richey actually.

2019 ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL : Candy Hot Rod Red Flake, Stage 2, 14" KST Renegade bars, Custom Dynamics turn signals, Klockwerks screen, Cobra Neighbor Hater slip-ons, Diamond Audio amp, Hertz speakers, adventblack chopped tour pac, red alligator seat and backrest
Painey01 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Grey beard
 
BlazingSaddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 927
Garage
The first one is for your front speakers, the second if you’re running rear speakers (assuming an additional BT355). If you’re riding an ultra or CVO, you’ll need the breakout harness if you want to retain functions of the head unit.
BlazingSaddle is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Member
 
bless0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 472
Garage
I ordered the BT355 for the front speakers for the Rushmore Bike. I believe that's how they categorize it on their website. I also purchased 6ft of RED and Black 8guage power cable from a local car stereo shop with some connectors and an inline fuse. All total i only spent about $20 for my own version of an AMP install kit. let me know when you are ready to do the install and i will ride to ur place and give you a hand. I've been in and out of my front fairing so much the last few weeks tweeking the amp that i can do it with my eyes closed. Send me a PM and we will hook up, and i will help you install your upgrade.
Painey01 likes this.
bless0 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Member
 
beatlesfab4fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: S.E. Mass
Posts: 684
Garage
As others have said, order for the front, as there is a difference in the two connectors.

The other option is to call Biketronics, and order over the phone. I think if you mention the RoadGlide.org forum, you also get a discount but it has been a few years since I ordered mine, so that may have changed.


Mike
bigal51 and Painey01 like this.

15 RGS Vivid Black. Lots of Black stuff cause we all know Black is the fastest color. Custom Dynamics turn signals and PlasmaRods.
A.C.E. powerflex headpipes, and a better than stock stereo.
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice. RUSH Freewill
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beatlesfab4fan is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Prospect
 
paid4c4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 247
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesfab4fan View Post
As others have said, order for the front, as there is a difference in the two connectors.

The other option is to call Biketronics, and order over the phone. I think if you mention the RoadGlide.org forum, you also get a discount but it has been a few years since I ordered mine, so that may have changed.Mike
I had a Biketronic 4 speaker set up on my 2013 Ultra Limited. I removed the system after the bike was totaled. I called Biketronics, they pulled my purchase invoice and looked at what I had. We discussed what I wanted to do with my 2017 RGU. I can reuse the much of what I have and just need to order a few things. I believe the total is a little of 300 dollars and I'll be back to having a great sound system. Biketronics is great to work with and you do get a discount for being a member of RG.Org.
Bill

2017 Road Glide Ultra, Black Hills Gold and Quartz Black, purchased Jan 6th, 2018
2012 Goldwing California Side Car Trike Ky Wildcat Blue, for when Kathy wants to ride.
2013 Ultra Limited, Rear ended and totaled while riding Jelico Mountain, 06-09-17, RIP.
paid4c4 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Painey01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 179
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bless0 View Post
I ordered the BT355 for the front speakers for the Rushmore Bike. I believe that's how they categorize it on their website. I also purchased 6ft of RED and Black 8guage power cable from a local car stereo shop with some connectors and an inline fuse. All total i only spent about $20 for my own version of an AMP install kit. let me know when you are ready to do the install and i will ride to ur place and give you a hand. I've been in and out of my front fairing so much the last few weeks tweeking the amp that i can do it with my eyes closed. Send me a PM and we will hook up, and i will help you install your upgrade.
Thank you so much, this is just the sort of help I hoped for...PM sent

2019 ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL : Candy Hot Rod Red Flake, Stage 2, 14" KST Renegade bars, Custom Dynamics turn signals, Klockwerks screen, Cobra Neighbor Hater slip-ons, Diamond Audio amp, Hertz speakers, adventblack chopped tour pac, red alligator seat and backrest
Painey01 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stereo Upgrade - first phase complete JuicedHD Audio 10 11-27-2012 09:23 AM
Saddle Bag speakers & RockFord Stereo Upgrade Project td119 Audio 11 01-12-2012 05:55 PM
Stereo Upgrade pponcio Audio 1 02-26-2011 07:43 AM
Stereo upgrade - suggestions jonesbrass Audio 12 01-12-2011 02:49 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome