Speaker causing malfunction light? - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bakersfield, Kalifornia
Posts: 5
Garage
Speaker causing malfunction light?

Hopefully someone can answer this and thanks in advance. I have a 2018 RG Ultra that I installed the QD setup for the tour pack. The stereo wasn't working correctly with a flash drive(nothing to do with the tour pack). Took it to the dealer for my 1K mile checkup. They reset the firmware/put the radio back to factory specs. Problem is, now the check engine light is on. The light according to the dealer is being thrown because it can't sense the rear speakers. The dealer said it's because the tour pack isn't attached and it should go off when I attach the tour pack. It wasn't throwing the code prior to going to the dealer. Anyone else have a similar issue?
glane5910 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:56 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glane5910 View Post
Hopefully someone can answer this and thanks in advance. I have a 2018 RG Ultra that I installed the QD setup for the tour pack. The stereo wasn't working correctly with a flash drive(nothing to do with the tour pack). Took it to the dealer for my 1K mile checkup. They reset the firmware/put the radio back to factory specs. Problem is, now the check engine light is on. The light according to the dealer is being thrown because it can't sense the rear speakers. The dealer said it's because the tour pack isn't attached and it should go off when I attach the tour pack. It wasn't throwing the code prior to going to the dealer. Anyone else have a similar issue?
The bike will in fact through a code for no rear speakers detected, but it shouldn't cause a check engine light. Check the DTC and see what all is being thrown.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is online now  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bakersfield, Kalifornia
Posts: 5
Garage
Ok, I think I misspoke. Its not the check engine light its the red light that comes on and stays on. I checked the code(correctly this time I think) and it just says no rear speaker. It didn't do this before the trip to the dealer. Can I do something beside keeping the tour pack on to keep this light off?
glane5910 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:34 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 744
Garage
@glane5910 what red light are you referencing to? Is it the red light on the right side of the seedo needle? Can you post a picture? Like I said no rear speakers detected will through a trouble code but there shouldn't be any light.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is online now  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bakersfield, Kalifornia
Posts: 5
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
@glane5910 what red light are you referencing to? Is it the red light on the right side of the seedo needle? Can you post a picture? Like I said no rear speakers detected will through a trouble code but there shouldn't be any light.
Yes, the red light on the right side of the needle. I ran the code check again and this time I had 3 BCM codes and 3 radio codes. I cleared them and the light isn't on for now. The radio codes were b1306, b1342 and b1350. The first time I did this there weren't any of the BCM codes, only the 3 radio codes

Last edited by glane5910; 04-14-2019 at 11:17 AM.
glane5910 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 744
Garage
Radio codes are set by the BCM. The 6 are small b. If you cleared them and they are gone, just wait and see if they come back. If you killed power to the battery the wrong way on these new bikes it will trough a code. Don't worry about the rear speakers. They don't turn the light just the open code.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is online now  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bakersfield, Kalifornia
Posts: 5
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
Radio codes are set by the BCM. The 6 are small b. If you cleared them and they are gone, just wait and see if they come back. If you killed power to the battery the wrong way on these new bikes it will trough a code. Don't worry about the rear speakers. They don't turn the light just the open code.
Thanks for the info...
glane5910 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:20 PM
Member
 
texasnurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 315
If you turn them off in the Radio; does this turn off the speaker


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
texasnurse is online now  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bakersfield, Kalifornia
Posts: 5
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnurse View Post
If you turn them off in the Radio; does this turn off the speaker


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you mean the fade function, no it doesn't get rid of the code..
glane5910 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
canadian glide tri-bar light Fun Chuck Do-IT-Yourself 9 01-18-2015 05:35 AM
General audio upgrade information, long dres22 Aftermarket Accessories 13 03-09-2014 09:05 AM
Vivid black-Fender fascia light bar and LEDs SIC_26 Classifieds Archive (3 months old+) 20 09-13-2012 09:27 PM
CVO speaker boxes for lowers - my experience Sincecrazy Audio 1 06-16-2011 07:25 PM
Custom Dynamics Genesis II LED Tail light review Sonar_Chris *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 6 11-11-2009 05:19 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome