Apple car play on GTS - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:36 AM
Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
cause i don't have a whim, and i don't have a headset right now and don't have the funds to go out and purchase 2 (wife rides her own bike, so whatever we buy, we have to double). i will probably do so in the future, but i didn't want to not be able to take advantage of some of the CarPlay functions right now while i wait to get a headset.



so, i did check the function of pandora, and was able to cycle through the options using the thumb switches. i can change stations, etc. even add a thumbs up or down, but did not find any way to change genre. but, i can't find that option in my car either.
Ok thanks. That's what I was looking for is to be able to change stations not just skip ahead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ksbutler44 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:39 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 641
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
cause i don't have a whim, and i don't have a headset right now and don't have the funds to go out and purchase 2 (wife rides her own bike, so whatever we buy, we have to double). i will probably do so in the future, but i didn't want to not be able to take advantage of some of the CarPlay functions right now while i wait to get a headset.
Not saying this is the route to go, but you could do what you are saying with a wired headset by calling on the phone. And yes I know everyone hates the wired headsets.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:42 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 641
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbutler44 View Post
Ok thanks. That's what I was looking for is to be able to change stations not just skip ahead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You SHOULD be able to do that. I don't care for Pandora so I don't use it. I use Spotify and I can change stations on it in the menus. If Pandora doesn't do it on the GTS CarPlay then it doesn't do it on any CarPlay...they are all the same.
ksbutler44 likes this.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
 
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:46 AM
Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
You SHOULD be able to do that. I don't care for Pandora so I don't use it. I use Spotify and I can change stations on it in the menus. If Pandora doesn't do it on the GTS CarPlay then it doesn't do it on any CarPlay...they are all the same.
Ok I'll look into getting Spotify too thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ksbutler44 is online now  
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Hangaround
 
jtspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Knoxville Iowa
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbutler44 View Post
Can you work the apps through the handlebar switches ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes you can work apps with handlebar controls. Just have to have iPhone plugged into USB port after having radio flashed to work without the headset.
ksbutler44 likes this.
jtspinner is offline  
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:52 PM
Life Member
 
skratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 3,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
Not saying this is the route to go, but you could do what you are saying with a wired headset by calling on the phone. And yes I know everyone hates the wired headsets.
my bike doesn't have the setup for the wired headset either.

I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining for a way of life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
skratch is online now  
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:31 PM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 641
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
my bike doesn't have the setup for the wired headset either.


I figured that, the DIN connector is $65 and you can get brand new wired HD headsets all day because cats are selling them because they went blue tooth.

Not suggesting it one way or another by itís a way cheaper option then getting a WHIM and a Bluetooth headset for two bikes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:51 PM
Life Member
 
skratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 3,743
ah, i see. yes, you're right, it is very much cheaper. thanks for the heads up.
craigffb likes this.

I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining for a way of life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
skratch is online now  
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:34 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 641
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
ah, i see. yes, you're right, it is very much cheaper. thanks for the heads up.
Also if you do decide to go wired you'll have to have the WHIM block turned back off. It kills the mic on the wired DIN connector.

And for the guys just getting access to CarPlay, I've found it best to plug in the phone AFTER the bike is running. Carplay seems to be a little finicky (at least on my bike) if I plug the phone in before I start my bike. Like apps not loading right, and non of the menus showing up.
ksbutler44 likes this.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:53 AM
Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
Also if you do decide to go wired you'll have to have the WHIM block turned back off. It kills the mic on the wired DIN connector.



And for the guys just getting access to CarPlay, I've found it best to plug in the phone AFTER the bike is running. Carplay seems to be a little finicky (at least on my bike) if I plug the phone in before I start my bike. Like apps not loading right, and non of the menus showing up.
Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ksbutler44 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome