Apple car play on GTS - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
ia15rgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 364
Garage
Apple car play on GTS

Iím writing to confirm that on the digital technician, under the radio flash, you tell the bike it was a whim and set it up for WIRED communications and Apple car play will be enabled on your bike. If you have an ultra itís already on due to the Harley wired headset.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ksbutler44 likes this.
ia15rgs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:47 AM
Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ia15rgs View Post
Iím writing to confirm that on the digital technician, under the radio flash, you tell the bike it was a whim and set it up for WIRED communications and Apple car play will be enabled on your bike. If you have an ultra itís already on due to the Harley wired headset.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you use by Bluetooth or will your iPhone have to be plugged into the USB ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ksbutler44 is online now  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
ia15rgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 364
Garage
Either


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ia15rgs is offline  
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:53 AM
Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ia15rgs View Post
Either


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok cool thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ksbutler44 is online now  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Life Member
 
skratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 3,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ia15rgs View Post
I’m writing to confirm that on the digital technician, under the radio flash, you tell the bike it was a whim and set it up for WIRED communications and Apple car play will be enabled on your bike. If you have an ultra it’s already on due to the Harley wired headset.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yep. i can confirm that he can confirm this. thanks

I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining for a way of life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
skratch is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:15 PM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 596
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbutler44 View Post
Can you use by Bluetooth or will your iPhone have to be plugged into the USB ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ia15rgs View Post
Either


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So did you find the option for wireless CarPlay? Meaning the phone doesn't have to be plugged in? I thought I saw that option when I was getting my radio flashed for comms and the tech asked if I wanted it, but I said no. A cat on another forum strait up called me a liar....LOL. Said no way in hell the GTS has that function.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Prospect
 
Glide08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 282
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
So did you find the option for wireless CarPlay? Meaning the phone doesn't have to be plugged in? I thought I saw that option when I was getting my radio flashed for comms and the tech asked if I wanted it, but I said no. A cat on another forum strait up called me a liar....LOL. Said no way in hell the GTS has that function.
I'm not sure it has ability to have apple car play without being plugged in. It picks up my phone and tunes on Bluetooth but apple play only showed up when I plugged it in.
ksbutler44 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Glide08 is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:08 PM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 596
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide08 View Post
I'm not sure it has ability to have apple car play without being plugged in. It picks up my phone and tunes on Bluetooth but apple play only showed up when I plugged it in.
It was a tab that needed to be clicked in the digital tech. It doesn't come that way from the factory.
Glide08 likes this.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ia15rgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 364
Garage
So we did it wireless and I could not make it work correctly cuz it was looking for the sena. When I set it up for wired it worked plugged in. Then when I drove the bike back up front the car play screen came back up....and I had unplugged the fon. Did not think about it until you guys asked here....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ia15rgs is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:13 PM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 596
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ia15rgs View Post
So we did it wireless and I could not make it work correctly cuz it was looking for the sena. When I set it up for wired it worked plugged in. Then when I drove the bike back up front the car play screen came back up....and I had unplugged the fon. Did not think about it until you guys asked here....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any chance you can check again? When I saw it was a tab on the right side of the screen, not sure what page it was on.

Not concerned about the CarPlay without a head set....interested in CarPlay without the phone being plugged in.

Thanks
ksbutler44 likes this.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob

Last edited by craigffb; 04-24-2019 at 07:23 PM.
craigffb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome