Looking for suggestions... - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Waconia, MN
Posts: 450
Garage
Looking for suggestions...

My budget is $1500, that included Sony head unit, handle bar controls, amp, etc... (I have the PN4.520D if that'd work...).

I am only doing the 2 fairing speakers, I will NOT add lowers, rear speakers, etc, and using the stock toe nail windshield.

What are my options, what speakers/amp would you recommend?

TIA!!

2011 RGU Vivid Black <-- FOR SALE | T-Man 555c | T-Max | HD Heavy Breather | Dragos S/C/S True Duals | Rinehart 3.5" w/Turndowns
2016 RG Special Black Quartz | S&S 124 | yaddy yada...
ksarauer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Member
 
Ickshter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Western, WI
Posts: 440
Garage
I just put these in mine this winter:

Speakers: Infinity Kappa 62.11 150w 6.5inch 2 way $220


Amp: Cerwin Vega B52 Stealth Bomber Class D Amp b52 2 channels, 1,000W $121

Using this to get hand controls to work:

biketronics: BT1005X - 1998-2013 MULTI-BRAND RADIO INSTALL KIT $220.

Then all you need is some speaker wiring, speaker converter and a power cable for the AMP.

Love my set up. Hear it clear as day @ 80MPH.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.
Ickshter is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Waconia, MN
Posts: 450
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickshter View Post
I just put these in mine this winter:

Speakers: Infinity Kappa 62.11 150w 6.5inch 2 way $220


Amp: Cerwin Vega B52 Stealth Bomber Class D Amp b52 2 channels, 1,000W $121

Using this to get hand controls to work:

biketronics: BT1005X - 1998-2013 MULTI-BRAND RADIO INSTALL KIT $220.

Then all you need is some speaker wiring, speaker converter and a power cable for the AMP.

Love my set up. Hear it clear as day @ 80MPH.
The Kappa's are nice, ran them in my other bike for a while (and still have them too... ). Those are an option, I'm leaning towards something that has fuller sound and louder. The kappa's have a lot more highs than lows from my experience.

2011 RGU Vivid Black <-- FOR SALE | T-Man 555c | T-Max | HD Heavy Breather | Dragos S/C/S True Duals | Rinehart 3.5" w/Turndowns
2016 RG Special Black Quartz | S&S 124 | yaddy yada...
ksarauer is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Waconia, MN
Posts: 450
Garage
I should also add, these are going into a 2016 RGS

2011 RGU Vivid Black <-- FOR SALE | T-Man 555c | T-Max | HD Heavy Breather | Dragos S/C/S True Duals | Rinehart 3.5" w/Turndowns
2016 RG Special Black Quartz | S&S 124 | yaddy yada...
ksarauer is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:34 PM
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 77
Look at the Mmats 601.4cx for a nice coax speaker.

MMats fanboy
eggwhite93 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:51 PM
Life Member
 
Big_gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: GA.
Posts: 7,982
Garage
That Sound stream nano is a decent amp. There's better but it will do just fine. Since your only running 2 speakers, you can bridge that amp and have plenty of power. Now you can focus on better speakers. You can get the infinity's but you'll have to tune the amp properly especially if you bridge or you will blow them up. I recommend looking for a speaker the can handle at least 150 wpc rms.
Somebody from and other thread recommend Beyma speakers. Said they are at the top.

2010 FLTRX , Stage 1, 13" Madstad, Mono tubes, SuperShox, Heritage style bars. Alpine CDE-HD149BT,Soundstream Picasso Nano Series PN4.520 , 5X7 and 6.5 Infinity Kappa speakers
If I have to explain ,you wouldn't under stand anyway.

Last edited by Big_gary; 04-25-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Big_gary is online now  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Waconia, MN
Posts: 450
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_gary View Post
That Sound stream nano is a decent amp. There's better but it will do just fine. Since your only running 2 speakers, you can bridge that amp and have plenty of power. Now you can focus on better speakers. You can get the infinity's but you'll have to tune the amp properly especially if you bridge or you will blow them up. I recommend looking for a speaker the can handle at least 150 wpc rms.
Somebody from and other thread recommend Beyma speakers. Said they are at the top.
Thanks Gary, I'm gonna look into these Beyma speakers.

2011 RGU Vivid Black <-- FOR SALE | T-Man 555c | T-Max | HD Heavy Breather | Dragos S/C/S True Duals | Rinehart 3.5" w/Turndowns
2016 RG Special Black Quartz | S&S 124 | yaddy yada...
ksarauer is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Waconia, MN
Posts: 450
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
Look at the Mmats 601.4cx for a nice coax speaker.
Mmats are nice speakers, the neighbor has some. They don't seem to have the rms as some of the others though.

2011 RGU Vivid Black <-- FOR SALE | T-Man 555c | T-Max | HD Heavy Breather | Dragos S/C/S True Duals | Rinehart 3.5" w/Turndowns
2016 RG Special Black Quartz | S&S 124 | yaddy yada...
ksarauer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome