Freewheeler sound system. - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
RFG7680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 3,357
Garage
Freewheeler sound system.

So, I'm adding lowers to the FW. That's solves where to out the speakers. I have my BT2180 amp and wiring. Now, how to get music without an actual head unit. I'm sure there is bluetooth options. I just cant seem to find what I need. Bluetooth controller that goes right into the amp use my phone for music. I may mount the phone on the bars and then I have my GPS back.

Any help is appreciated.
duglauraflht likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That which we manifest is before us."
BUYER BEWARE @ BATTLEFIELD HARLEY IN GETTYSBURG PA.
RFG7680 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 729
Garage
I use a Ram mount and a Bluetooth speaker on my Dyna. I think you値l get better sound if you go with something mounted up higher and behind a windshield.



I know the 13 CVO Road King had powered speakers in the lowers but I知 not sure how they worked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 09:33 PM
Life Member
 
Ohiobellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canton, oHIo
Posts: 4,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
I use a Ram mount and a Bluetooth speaker on my Dyna. I think you値l get better sound if you go with something mounted up higher and behind a windshield.



I know the 13 CVO Road King had powered speakers in the lowers but I知 not sure how they worked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The CVO King has an iPod in a saddlebag and an amp in the other one.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

A.K.A OBB
Check out the Ohio Glide Riders community page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ohiobellboy is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:51 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 729
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy View Post
The CVO King has an iPod in a saddlebag and an amp in the other one.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk


How is the IPod controlled?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:37 AM
Life Member
 
Ohiobellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canton, oHIo
Posts: 4,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
How is the IPod controlled?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hand controls like a regular radio which brings up a great question. There has to be some module somewhere that bring everything together. I guess if I get bored, I can go through the wiring modules on Ronnie's HD site to figure that out.

A.K.A OBB
Check out the Ohio Glide Riders community page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ohiobellboy is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:25 AM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 729
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy View Post
Hand controls like a regular radio which brings up a great question. There has to be some module somewhere that bring everything together. I guess if I get bored, I can go through the wiring modules on Ronnie's HD site to figure that out.


Actually that’s pretty cool. I knew it had speakers but that’s about it. Must not of worked very well, they only put that on one year right?


Found it on Ronnie's. It's an interface of some type. Pretty cool.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=68&c=0&d=2013 FLHRSE5 CVO ROAD KING (PG) SOUND SYSTEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob

Last edited by craigffb; 07-01-2019 at 08:12 AM.
craigffb is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 735
RFG, definitely reach out to Mike at biketronics. I doubt you池e the first one that has asked, he may have a solution sitting on the table or at least he may know who makes a converter to go from an iPod or phone output into RCA inputs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom isn't free, remember to thank a vet.
2018 CVO RG lava orange, 117 Stage 3, 14" F47 and a few chrome extras. Boom crap gone.
2016 RG Special Cosmic Blue, 120ST with Dragos 2:1 and TTS tuner, FBI drop seat kit and JNR air ride. Stock audio long gone.
roadie13 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
RFG7680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 3,357
Garage
I think I found it.

Kuryakyn RoadThunder by MTX Bluetooth Audio Controller

Turn any smartphone or mp3 player with Bluetooth capabilities into the ultimate mobile sound system. Wirelessly connects your Bluetooth-enabled device to Kuryakyn RoadThunder Speaker Pods, The Sound of Chrome speakers, or almost any other self-amplified speakers. This universal Bluetooth audio controller replaces the head unit and is easy to install.*

Features:Compatible with most Bluetooth devices, including Android and iPhoneEasy to install with hassle-free auto pairing and five front panel touch controlsIncludes two adjustable bar mounts: 7/8" - 1" and 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" diameterIncludes power, ground, and output connectionsDurable, weather-proof design

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...dio-controller


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That which we manifest is before us."
BUYER BEWARE @ BATTLEFIELD HARLEY IN GETTYSBURG PA.
RFG7680 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFG7680 View Post
I think I found it.



Kuryakyn RoadThunder by MTX Bluetooth Audio Controller



Turn any smartphone or mp3 player with Bluetooth capabilities into the ultimate mobile sound system. Wirelessly connects your Bluetooth-enabled device to Kuryakyn RoadThunder Speaker Pods, The Sound of Chrome speakers, or almost any other self-amplified speakers. This universal Bluetooth audio controller replaces the head unit and is easy to install.*



Features:Compatible with most Bluetooth devices, including Android and iPhoneEasy to install with hassle-free auto pairing and five front panel touch controlsIncludes two adjustable bar mounts: 7/8" - 1" and 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" diameterIncludes power, ground, and output connectionsDurable, weather-proof design



https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...dio-controller


But you池e looking to use your amp correct?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom isn't free, remember to thank a vet.
2018 CVO RG lava orange, 117 Stage 3, 14" F47 and a few chrome extras. Boom crap gone.
2016 RG Special Cosmic Blue, 120ST with Dragos 2:1 and TTS tuner, FBI drop seat kit and JNR air ride. Stock audio long gone.
roadie13 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Life Member
 
wevsspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: God's Country
Posts: 1,740
Garage
Sell your BT2180 and buy an AMP that already has a built in bluetooth receiver. Soundstream, Infinity and JBL all make at least one model AMP that already has a bluetooth receiver built in.

The only other option I know of (and this one is dependent on all of your players having a 3.5mm analog jack output) is to use a 3.5mm TRS to RCA adapter and plug the player directly into the AMPs RCA inputs. The main problem with this approach is that your player may not output enough voltage to properly trigger the AMP RCA inputs, or if it does the volume will be really low.

In that case you would need to add a line driver between the player output and the AMP input.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wevsspot; 07-01-2019 at 10:48 AM.
wevsspot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome