FLASH your OWN Harley Radio! - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
JMJOHN
 
JMJOHN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 988
FLASH your OWN Harley Radio!

FINALLY,,, FLASH your OWN Harley Infotainment Radio.

Just released by J&M, this new Techno-Research Harley radio flash kit, allows YOU the rider to flash or re-flash your 2014-2020 Harley Infotainment radio using your own computer.

NO-MORE paying high prices and BEGGING your Harley dealer to flash your radio and then BEGGING someone else to fix what the dealer fouled up!

Complete information here on the J&M website, and these new kits are IN-STOCK for immediate delivery. https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail...ID=TRAF-HD1420
ksbutler44 and BigBlockBobby like this.

JMJOHN ----
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JMJOHN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 10:49 PM
Life Member
 
Ohiobellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canton, oHIo
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJOHN View Post
FINALLY,,, FLASH your OWN Harley Infotainment Radio.

Just released by J&M, this new Techno-Research Harley radio flash kit, allows YOU the rider to flash or re-flash your 2014-2020 Harley Infotainment radio using your own computer.

NO-MORE paying high prices and BEGGING your Harley dealer to flash your radio and then BEGGING someone else to fix what the dealer fouled up!

Complete information here on the J&M website, and these new kits are IN-STOCK for immediate delivery. https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail...ID=TRAF-HD1420
I know TR also has a tuning device which I can't remember the name of it right now. Is this device offered on your site limited to just the radio flash or are there any other features such as cycling the ABS pump available on this model?

Thanks

A.K.A OBB
Check out the Ohio Glide Riders community page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ohiobellboy is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Life Member
 
skratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 3,908
noticed that the unit gets vin locked to a certain vehicle. wonder if that has any warranty implications, ie. does it leave a footprint behind that the digital tech would interpret as an aftermarket tune?
RFG7680 and geo8866 like this.

I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining for a way of life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
skratch is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Life Member
 
RFG7680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 3,893
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
noticed that the unit gets vin locked to a certain vehicle. wonder if that has any warranty implications, ie. does it leave a footprint behind that the digital tech would interpret as an aftermarket tune?
Good question. Service manager told me yesterday that the update to their software has a tattle tale program. it immediately flags an aftermarket tuner and there is nothing they can do about it. One they plug in and it sees it. You're done.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That which we manifest is before us."
BUYER BEWARE @ BATTLEFIELD HARLEY IN GETTYSBURG PA.
RFG7680 is online now  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy View Post
I know TR also has a tuning device which I can't remember the name of it right now. Is this device offered on your site limited to just the radio flash or are there any other features such as cycling the ABS pump available on this model?



Thanks


I think the TR tool is called diag4bikes and runs about $1500 but can do the ABS and anything to do with ECM or BCM flashes except tuning. The last time I looked the tuning piece was totally separate. For the first time in recorded history I look forward to a JM response.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillyfan1 likes this.

Freedom isn't free, remember to thank a vet.
2018 CVO RG lava orange, 117 Stage 3, 14" F47 and a few chrome extras. Boom crap gone.
2016 RG Special Cosmic Blue, 120ST with Dragos 2:1 and TTS tuner, FBI drop seat kit and JNR air ride. Stock audio long gone.
roadie13 is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 752
FLASH your OWN Harley Radio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
noticed that the unit gets vin locked to a certain vehicle. wonder if that has any warranty implications, ie. does it leave a footprint behind that the digital tech would interpret as an aftermarket tune?


Interested in the answer to that for sure. The part about being tied to a VIN certainly raises questions. I have 2 bikes so would be cool if I could do them both, but not buying 2 units. Of course I understand JMs perspective, if it isnít limited somehow that would kill sales so canít blame them for that. Same reason the tuners are VIN locked, but some do have dual licenses like my TTS. Even if it doesnít affect the part of the ECM that the mothership cares about anything that is tied to a VIN is a potential concern. Interested to hear JMs response.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom isn't free, remember to thank a vet.
2018 CVO RG lava orange, 117 Stage 3, 14" F47 and a few chrome extras. Boom crap gone.
2016 RG Special Cosmic Blue, 120ST with Dragos 2:1 and TTS tuner, FBI drop seat kit and JNR air ride. Stock audio long gone.
roadie13 is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 950
Garage
Is there really a $250 need to be constantly flashing a radio for speakers/amp? Not being a smart ass, just don't know.
geo8866 likes this.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is online now  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Newbie
 
Carizma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Oakville ON. Canada
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
Is there really a $250 need to be constantly flashing a radio for speakers/amp? Not being a smart ass, just don't know.
No. You need to flash the radio just once. And better find Rockford Fosgate dealer so they can flash your radio with RF flash. One of the best flash for me

Nick "The KGB"
Carizma is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 458
Nice product, but it is convenient for a professional installer and not for a private for maybe one or two runs in a lifetime.
If I had to invest in a flashing tool I would go (like I did) for Diag4bike; it is true its cost is 4 times higher, but it is equivalent to digital Technician and cover the whole bike electronics.
Beaver is online now  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 950
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carizma View Post
No. You need to flash the radio just once. And better find Rockford Fosgate dealer so they can flash your radio with RF flash. One of the best flash for me
So you're saying there isn't much of a need for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
Nice product, but it is convenient for a professional installer and not for a private for maybe one or two runs in a lifetime.
If I had to invest in a flashing tool I would go (like I did) for Diag4bike; it is true its cost is 4 times higher, but it is equivalent to digital Technician and cover the whole bike electronics.
It ties to the VIN so the installer thing goes out the window.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome