What is the "I just want to hear my audio on the highway" package? - Road Glide Forums
Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

 40Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
HellInABucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,914
What is the "I just want to hear my audio on the highway" package?

2020 Road Glide Limited

I just want to hear my audio system while riding on the highway. I'm not the kind of person that needs to impress people 6 blocks away with my music or the system.

I'm coming to the realization that it will cost me at least $1600 in parts. (Biketronics anyway)

Really? I'd like to hear some suggestions, if there are any.

(RANT - for a $34K bike, would it be that difficult to provide a default system greater than 25 f*ing watts? /RANT)
Danolink and Fender60 like this.

2020 FLTRK - Roll away the dew...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HellInABucket is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 06:26 AM
Life Member
 
BH#103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,898
Anyone that asks me will get directed to a Biketronics kit. Reason being is that it works, the warranty has got to be one of if not the best in the business and the customer service is outstanding and something you will not find in most companies. BTW, this is my $.02 only. Are there better systems or can you build a better one for the money.... probably, but like I said, it works. I had the 2180.15 kit in my 2015 and I was way good with it and now a buddy of mine is enjoying it in his. On my 2019 I stepped it up a little and went with their 4250 amp with upgraded fronts while maintaining the stock rears. More than likely I will bring the rears up to speed this winter and install a DSP to get some increasingly better sound but like I said before.... It works.
Gregfry likes this.

2019 Silver Flux/Black Fuse FLTRU
"SLIVER"
BH#103 is online now  
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:01 AM
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,009
Garage
Not to be an A**hole, but plug in a headset. It's free.
kiwidave, Bevis, Oldbie and 2 others like this.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is online now  
 
post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
HellInABucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
Not to be an A**hole, but plug in a headset. It's free.
Yeah, I've thought about that. Not terribly convenient but an option.

2020 FLTRK - Roll away the dew...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HellInABucket is offline  
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Life Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 6,660
Some companies that offer bike setups, not recommending any one particular. It really depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. The below are just the ones I can think of at the moment that offer packages and plug & play most without having to have your radio flashed.

Biketronics
Soundz Customz
Hog Tunes
J&M Audio

2020 FLTRXS, Vivid Black, KW Slicer Front Fender, Sundowner Seat/Modified by Mean City Cycle for trips, Mustang Wide Tripper Solo Seat
FLTRXS20 is offline  
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:18 AM
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,009
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInABucket View Post
Yeah, I've thought about that. Not terribly convenient but an option.
Honestly, the OE plug in headsets sound great. Add on top of that the ability to use voce commands for the radio is just awesome. Sure the cord can be a bit inconvenient. But Like I said it's free, and I've gotten use to it so it's not a big deal.

Add on top of that everyone is going to the Bluetooth ones so I've been grabbing up the cored ones for next to nothing. I have them on 6 different helmets.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is online now  
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:26 AM
Hangaround
 
BlueJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 195
The BikeTronics setups are great, you won’t be disappointed. AND, there’s a couple of us (me included) that have BikeTronics amps, line levelers, mounting brackets and even speakers for sale here on the forum. It’s not a reflection of dissatisfaction, but more a reflection of we are crazy and keep going bigger, at least in my case.

Let me know if you are interested in my components and I’ll make you a package deal.
Kooba likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S&S 124 (550 cam); 64mm T Body high flow injectors; Ported/Polished Heads; TMax Tuner; RCX Tormentor Headers and Torx mufflers; Diamond Micro84U 660 watt 4C amp; RF DSR1; Hertz MPK 165.3s; Hertz SV165.1s; Hertz HH25 tweeters w/ Hybrid Pro 6x9s; Factory 47 16” bars; Mustang solos seat; Klock Werks 6” flare windshield
BlueJob is offline  
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
HellInABucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJob View Post
The BikeTronics setups are great, you won’t be disappointed. AND, there’s a couple of us (me included) that have BikeTronics amps, line levelers, mounting brackets and even speakers for sale here on the forum. It’s not a reflection of dissatisfaction, but more a reflection of we are crazy and keep going bigger, at least in my case.

Let me know if you are interested in my components and I’ll make you a package deal.
OK, PM me. Not sure if I have the funds right now, was trying to plan more toward early spring, but curious to see what you have, if I can swing it I will.

2020 FLTRK - Roll away the dew...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HellInABucket is offline  
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInABucket View Post
2020 Road Glide Limited



I just want to hear my audio system while riding on the highway. I'm not the kind of person that needs to impress people 6 blocks away with my music or the system.



I'm coming to the realization that it will cost me at least $1600 in parts. (Biketronics anyway)



Really? I'd like to hear some suggestions, if there are any.



(RANT - for a $34K bike, would it be that difficult to provide a default system greater than 25 f*ing watts? /RANT)
I'm the same way. I decided to just shell out $1,550 for the J&M Stage 5 and and flash updater. They are having a black Friday sale with 25% off. They did say that their 400watt system would be enough for my needs, and it's much less expensive. But with the sale, I just went with this.

My package shows up today and I'll install it tomorrow.

I looked at the Biketeonics systems but I couldn't find a 4 speaker package for my bike (2019 RGU) so I eliminated them. I also didn't like their 2000's era website layout.
Games is online now  
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Hangaround
 
BlueJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Games View Post
I'm the same way. I decided to just shell out $1,550 for the J&M Stage 5 and and flash updater. They are having a black Friday sale with 25% off. They did say that their 400watt system would be enough for my needs, and it's much less expensive. But with the sale, I just went with this.

My package shows up today and I'll install it tomorrow.

I looked at the Biketeonics systems but I couldn't find a 4 speaker package for my bike (2019 RGU) so I eliminated them. I also didn't like their 2000's era website layout.
I had J&M setups in My 2013 and 2015 Road Glides. You will be very happy with the output!

I went with BikeTronics for the 2018 because the BikeTronics team is amazing and the cost was actually lower. They don’t have the same “package” setups, and the online stores/websites for both companies could use some modernization, but BikeTronics absolutely could help design a setup around virtually any need.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S&S 124 (550 cam); 64mm T Body high flow injectors; Ported/Polished Heads; TMax Tuner; RCX Tormentor Headers and Torx mufflers; Diamond Micro84U 660 watt 4C amp; RF DSR1; Hertz MPK 165.3s; Hertz SV165.1s; Hertz HH25 tweeters w/ Hybrid Pro 6x9s; Factory 47 16” bars; Mustang solos seat; Klock Werks 6” flare windshield
BlueJob is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome