I finished installing the J&M Stage 5 (700w) system in my 2019 RG Ultra last night.
I've never installed any audio components except replacing a few speakers before. I live in San Diego and often ride cross country and through the mountains, and I do a lot of highway riding. I'm regularly in the 90MPH - 100 MPH range and usually ride 2 up. I wanted something that I could hear clearly at highway speeds, this system definitely accomplished that.
I ordered the system on Monday using the black Friday Special of 25% off. I also ordered the Techno-Research flash module since a flash is required for their Stage 5 system. I missed the first attempted delivery on Wednesday and it was delivered on Thursday.
In preparation for the install I downloaded the instructions from their website and removed the tank, fairing skin, and seat. The install was more intense and time consuming than I expected, but was overall a positive experience. I had to call tech support a few times during the install, but it was likely more of a "I have no idea what I'm doing, help." type of call than lacking instructions. Tech support did tell me to remove the headlight which made the install easier, and the amp needed to be front to back as opposed to side to side as the instructions state.
I watched a few Youtube videos to figure a few things out. I'd never removed the tank before, so Youtube helped. Running the wires was pretty straightforward, it just took some time for me to run it cleanly. I was able to run the power for the amp with all the factory wiring but ran the speaker cables just along the outside of it and then ziptied it.
A few of the bolts were tough to get to, so having some long extensions helped. Having magnetic tips helps. Patience and beer helps. The TR flash module was pretty simple.
I've only had a brief 40 miles highway ride so far, but I love the system. At 95 I had the system about 4 notches below max and could very clearly hear it, as could my passenger. I rode most of the trip that way. In retrospect, I probably could have gone with their 400w system and accomplished my goal. However, I am very happy with the system, their support, and how quickly I got the system.
It did take me about 8 hours overall. But again, I had no idea what I was doing. I had more than a few beers during the install, and I had a few distractions. The longest parts for me was running the amp power wires and running the new speaker wires to the back. Getting the amp in place and figuring out how to get it to turn on took me longer than it should have also (others likely won't have the same problem with the amp).20191121_083848.jpg20191121_084037.jpg20191122_111810.jpg