Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern Part of Heaven, NC
OK, everybody calm down. This is one of the most vexing things ever, UNTIL you figure it out, then it is a total non-issue.
I do not use WMP, so am not sure about its capabilities. However, there are two things that have to be right for the CDs to play:
1) make sure you are actually burning MP3s. The HK until will not play any other format (AAC, etc).
2) This is the hard one: the HK unit will not play Mp3s with ID3 tagging above v1.1.
So, how do you accomplish this?
First thing, you will want to have a separate copy of your music folder, so that you can leave all your original music unaltered (with album artwork, lyrics, and all the other stuff ID3 V2 allows)
I recommend the following:
1) download iTunes for free
2) make a copy of all your music either on an external HD or in a separate location on your main HD
3) Point iTunes to that location and let it import all the music.
4) select all the tracks in the iTunes library, and right click
5) select "convert ID3 tags"
6) select the option to convert to v1.0
8) done! you now have a library of tracks that can be put into playlists as you like and burned to data CDs (6-7 hours of music per CD)
I will subscribe to this thread so if folks have problems, I will try and help.