OK OK asking a poll about audio is the same as asking about which oil to use or what windshield to buy
Im currently upgrading my Hogtunes system (will be in the classifieds this winter) I came up with a system from J&M and one from Hawg-Wired..
2012 ultra, and I plan on running the rear speakers off the radio.
- 500 watt 4 channel amp
- RockerXT speakers in the lowers and fairing
- Speaker Grills with mids and tweeters in fairing and lowers
- 5.25" Rear speakers
(Thanks John at J&M for the assistance)
- 2 RS400 amps.
- RC Link controller for the amps
- 2 sets ZX6.5" component speakers for fairing and lowers
- Tweeter grills for fairing speakers
- Rear speakers STOCK??????
requires speaker buckets to be purchased from Harley for the lowers (this is an extra cost not factored in yet)
(Thanks Mike from Hawg-Wired)
both systems will cost about the same so Im just throwing out to others what their experiences have been (issues, weather problems etc)
Im keeping the stock head unit for now (dont ask
) so thats why I narrowed it down to these 2 companies
I only wish I could have heard each system side by side but no such luck.
The J&M system is definitely easier to install (less componets) but I don't mind wiring at all
Just seeing what some have used