Finally got a dyno tune
Well, the big day finally came when I got to find out what my improvments to the RG all added up to. I went to a motor cycle show and they had one of those dyno trailers, and it just so happened it was the same outfit that I got my tuner from. In the last few weeks, I had been shopping for a dyno tune, but both places close to me were asking 500.00. These guys had a show special of 195.00. So I went for it and got it tuned. Ever since I added the ported and polished heads, and headers, it had been running rough, and fat fuel wise. The guy told me that it was fat on the AFR, But the chart tells me the oppisite. But it is now much closer to target AFR. I could tell it was improving as they adjusted things. The miss went away, and It just sounded smoother. Then came the moment of truth. Did I get over 100 hp out of all these mods? I was certain I had achieved that milestone. Well, I am sorry to say that I was disappointed. It pulled a respectable 94.76 hp, but did not break the 100 hp I was certain I had achieved. So, it runs much better now. No more miss. I liked the fact that the graph went almost straight up in the beginning then started to level off in the higher ranges. I had a torque cam in it. I figure that why I didn't make it over 100 hp. Maybe down the road I'll try another cam, and see what she does then. Another thing I was amazed to see, was that the torque was WAY up there at 113.77 compared to the 94.76 hp band. The blue bands were the "before" pull. Red was the "after" pull. They got 10 more hp out of it.
Illegitimus non carburundum. Or something to that effect. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Last edited by Diverrick; 09-11-2016 at 10:43 AM.