2015 103" FLTRXS, CR-570-2 cams, Dragula2, Stock TB, Heads decked .009", .040" HG
Thought I would post up the outcome of some work I performed over the winter to the 'ol warhorse. At around 50K the end of riding season last year, I figured she was due for some internal component maintenance, and while at it, I added Cyclerama 570-2 cams. Had to take the heads off to chase what ended up being a phantom problem, so while they were off, I had new stock valves, valve springs & seals put in, and had the head guy true 'em up. He ended up decking the heads by .009", and I went with a .040" cometic head gasket, which gave me a little bump in compression.
I started a threaded a while back outlining my intended maintenance items, but it's probably lost, so here's what I did:
New fueling cam chain tensioner shoe pads
New inner cam bearings (koyo)
New Wood alpha lifters
S & S ez- pushrods
Cyclerama CR-570-2 cams
Cometic .040" head gasket
New stock valves, springs, & seals - was told the guides were fine, so left 'em
All in all, I'm really happy with the final result. There is a dramatic difference from the stage 1 I had before (FM A/C, Dragula2, PV) and I think Frank's Dragula2 pipes kept the torque curve nicely to the left. would like a little more HP, but more extensive headwork would've been needed.
I have had to replace my stock clutch plates as I was getting some slipping, so installed the BDL 10-plate kit last weekend with positive results. I think I may need to drain some primary fluid though, as neutral is hard to find unless I'm moving and it seems "grabby" until it warms up - but no more slippage, that's for sure.
Had it tuned by Bob Thoma @ Razorback Performance - 118 torque/97 hp (corrected)