Shark Week Raffle info - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Gathering Information regarding the National Road Glide Gathering - Shark Week!

 9Likes
  • 7 Post By TracyB
  • 1 Post By BH#103
  • 1 Post By Nordic Berserker
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
TracyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brandenburg, Ky
Posts: 5,803
Garage
Shark Week Raffle info

To make things easier on you when it comes time to filling out those raffle tickets at SW, order up a self-inking stamp in black ink. We never know what color the raffle tickets might be. You can order them online or have made at your local office supply store. A genius idea from @Brewiz
As in past years, because the raffle can take FOREVER, we always ask that you write your name on the tickets. Time simply doesnt allow for calling & checking numbers.



"All you touch & all you see is all your life will ever be"

05 RG 'Lymey'
11 RGU 'Clyde'
TracyB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:28 PM
Life Member With a Grey Beard
 
SharknoseScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora, California
Posts: 2,118
Good suggestion, but I am going to respectfully disagree with the new "process". I think that if someone pays for a raffle ticket, they should have the chance to win what they wanted. It doesn't take that any more time to call out the number (as opposed to the name) and verify that the number matches. Just because I didn't write my name on the ticket (or bought a stamp), but still spent money toward next weeks event, I don't get the opportunity to win? I get it if someone is not there when the raffle is called; that is what takes time. But a number or a name takes the same amount of time and I don't think folks who pay money toward our gathering should be penalized just because they forgot to put their name on a ticket.

Once I make up my mind, I'm full of indecision.
SharknoseScott is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Life Member With a Grey Beard
 
SharknoseScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora, California
Posts: 2,118
Sorry, next year's event

Once I make up my mind, I'm full of indecision.
SharknoseScott is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:06 AM
Grey beard
 
Brewiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stockbridge, Ga
Posts: 1,210
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharknoseScott View Post
Good suggestion, but I am going to respectfully disagree with the new "process". I think that if someone pays for a raffle ticket, they should have the chance to win what they wanted. It doesn't take that any more time to call out the number (as opposed to the name) and verify that the number matches. Just because I didn't write my name on the ticket (or bought a stamp), but still spent money toward next weeks event, I don't get the opportunity to win? I get it if someone is not there when the raffle is called; that is what takes time. But a number or a name takes the same amount of time and I don't think folks who pay money toward our gathering should be penalized just because they forgot to put their name on a ticket.
Sorry, but you are wrong. If you buy 200 tickets (and many people do and more) there is no way you can know all the numbers, therefore time is spent trying to find your number... That's what drags out the time.

2011 FLTRU Vivid Black Wild 1's WO502, Jackpot Headers/Jackpot Slip-ons,Ventilator S/E Breather, PV, Pro Twin Performance 113", Alpine 149BT W/ Ipod , 2 MMats MD4110's , HAT Clarus 6.5's /Legatia L1V2 tweeters & MMats PA601 up front and HAT Imagines in TourPak Pods.
Brewiz is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:16 PM
Life Member
 
BH#103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,621
I think it's a pretty valid idea, so good that I think I'm going to order one for work too so when it comes to signature time....booyaaaa look who has a rubber stamp. This guy!!!!

I have a question regarding the raffle, how would you get items home that might be too big for the scooter? This only applies if I win obviously. Thanks
ChromeSpark likes this.

2019 Silver Flux/Black Fuse FLTRU
"SLIVER"
BH#103 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:48 PM
Life Member
 
Nordic Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Valhalla 🇳🇴
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh#103 View Post
i think it's a pretty valid idea, so good that i think i'm going to order one for work too so when it comes to signature time....booyaaaa look who has a rubber stamp. This guy!!!!

I have a question regarding the raffle, how would you get items home that might be too big for the scooter? This only applies if i win obviously. Thanks
ups
BH#103 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nordic Berserker is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:33 AM
Life Member
 
OldNerdGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharknoseScott View Post
Good suggestion, but I am going to respectfully disagree with the new "process". I think that if someone pays for a raffle ticket, they should have the chance to win what they wanted. It doesn't take that any more time to call out the number (as opposed to the name) and verify that the number matches. Just because I didn't write my name on the ticket (or bought a stamp), but still spent money toward next weeks event, I don't get the opportunity to win? I get it if someone is not there when the raffle is called; that is what takes time. But a number or a name takes the same amount of time and I don't think folks who pay money toward our gathering should be penalized just because they forgot to put their name on a ticket.
DBell bought hundreds of tickets. He won quite a few prizes. If he had not put his name on the tickets, we might still be waiting for the raffle to end. This is a courtesy to all involved.

We moved the raffle from Thursday to Wednesday because it took way too long, and folks were not getting out of there until well after midnight, then waking up early to ride home. Nothing like long distance riding on 4 hours sleep to make things fun. In Maine/New Hampster I got to bed at 1:30 am, woke up at 5:00 am (to a cold shower, the hot water heater failed overnight) and rode for 12 hours.

Writing your name, or handle, on the ticket is a courtesy for others. Using a stamp just makes it easy on yourself.

In theory, Theory and Reality are the same. In reality, they are different.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OldNerdGuy is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Member
 
Ickshter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Western, WI
Posts: 423
Garage
Yea, I understand the name on the ticket process, I just wasn't aware at my first raffle last year. I have wasted $100 on worse things, and didn't really care. You need names and run through them. My only suggestion was don't even buy those "dual" ticket setups then, there is no reason for you to keep a copy of a ticket you never need to verify. Then if someone shows up and buys tickets and only gets ONE ticket, they just might figure out they need to put a name on it because it is the only way to know who wins.

Don't get me wrong, I am never going to complain, because just the logistics it takes to get all these products in and figured out is way more herculean then I care to think about and have much respect for those involved. I just throw my 2˘ in to try and help.



I think we can start a GOfundme for Dbell for multiple stamps and ink refills.


Also, has the "not f'in Dbell" stamp been taken yet?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.
Ickshter is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:45 AM
Member
 
bosshogg123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Economy, PA
Posts: 774
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to bosshogg123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickshter View Post
I think we can start a GOfundme for Dbell for multiple stamps and ink refills.


Also, has the "not f'in Dbell" stamp been taken yet?

Apparently, Garvin has a “DBell Sucks” stamp that he used in Durango...



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Road Glide Ultra, Mysterious Red/Velocity Red
"The Difficult will be done Immediately, the Impossible will take a bit longer." - U. S. Military Slogan
bosshogg123 is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Life Member
 
OldNerdGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickshter View Post

Don't get me wrong, I am never going to complain, because just the logistics it takes to get all these products in and figured out is way more herculean then I care to think about and have much respect for those involved. I just throw my 2˘ in to try and help.



I think we can start a GOfundme for Dbell for multiple stamps and ink refills.


Also, has the "not f'in Dbell" stamp been taken yet?
Tracy has had 8 years to work thru the issues. The biggest one has always been time. With all the goodies, it just takes time to draw all of them. Putting your name on the ticket helps, but keeping the other half is just common sense, to make sure someone did not slip in a ringer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshogg123 View Post
Apparently, Garvin has a “DBell Sucks” stamp that he used in Durango...
That sounds like Ray. His wife could make a stamp with two boobies on it, and everyone should know who that is. For those who do not know, she carries around two stress ball boobies with her. (stress balls, flesh colored, with nipples).

Me, I still just write ONG on them, no stamp needed.

In theory, Theory and Reality are the same. In reality, they are different.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OldNerdGuy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shark Week V Banquet Dinner Details Triplej ARCHIVES-SWV Kerrville, TX 48 06-17-2015 12:36 AM
Shark Week III Agenda Stray Mutt ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT 53 07-29-2013 03:37 PM
Shark week III - Saint George Utah 2013 -July 30 to Aug 1 CHAINSAW ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT 477 07-29-2013 11:29 AM
Shark Week I, National Rally - Gettysburg, PA July 14, 15, 16, 17th HUTMO ARCHIVES-SWI Gettysburg, PA 301 08-13-2011 08:44 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome