I finally decided that it was time to make some bigger upgrades to my bike. I always knew that I wanted to upgrade the wheels. I just couldn't decide if I wanted to go with the HD Agitators, or an aftermarket set. Well I finally decided on RC Components. Eastern Performance had a great deal on ebay and I was able to get the wheels, tires, and front rotors for $2,499 shipped.
I spent most of the spring trying to decide what type of handlebars I wanted. I was leaning towards the monkey bars, but I liked the feel of the bikini beach bars I had on my last bike. I ultimately went with Ballistic Cycles Relaxer Bars. So I took on the task of installing the bars. This forum really helped me and made my installation a relative breeze versus trying to do it without reading the various installs by others.
So for 2012, these are the mods/purchases I made:
1. LRS Windshield - (only use on days when I want the wind in my face)
2. Chrome Levers - Drag Specialties
3. Chrome Handlebars - RG Relaxer bars from Ballistic Cycles
4. Avon Air Cushioned Chrome Grips
5. Progressive 940 Series rear shocks - Big improvement over stock air ride
6. Leather HD Tour Pak - Craigslist purchase for $250!
7. Tour Pak Mounting Rack
8. Set of Custom Wheels - RC Imperial wheels - Purchased from Eastern Performance
8a. Chrome 21" x 3.5" Front Wheel
8b. Chrome 17" x 6.0" Rear Wheel
8c. Two Front Matching Rotors
8d. Metzeler Tires(mounted and balanced)
9. RC Airstrike Air cleaner
10. Alpine SPS-610 (sitting on the shelf now)
11. Polk MM650 (in the stock speaker location)
12. Sundowner Seat (for two-up long rides)
13. HD Backrest
14. HD Black rearview mirrors
15. Progressive drop-in lowering springs for front (dropped 1.75 inches)
16. Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4 (replaced the KTP-445)
17. Sancho's Wings