So I go to the dyno at school and one of the instructors jumped ahead of me and threw his friends bike on the dyno for a quick diagnostic run. It wasnt running properly. The engine had an estimated $12k into it. SE heads, 11.5:1 domed pistons, 95 ci, 510 lift gear cams, PCV/Autotune/Wide O2 and a host of other stuff. It also had to run on race gas. He did two pulls and made 82hp/92tq. The problem was the improper grouping of parts and a horrible tune. I laughed at the weak numbers. The dude apparently brought a sheet in from the builder saying he should be making a corrected hp of around 120.
I say all that cause I did 7 pulls and my best was 82hp/90tq. My $3k worth of parts and dirty, daily driven RG made the same power. Again, I laughed.
The tuner Im using is the PV1. I bought it thinking it had the same capabilities as the PC3/PCV. It to a degree does. We started making a few pulls and tweaking the A/F ratios. Flash the ECM and repeat. We werent able to change the the ratios past 13.2. The bike was getting hotter and was leaning out even more because of it. We couldnt get any good results.
I called dynojet, who by the way have been pretty great with their tech support, and my instructor talked with them. He was informed to manually tune the map the values on the A/F table and the VE table must be the same for each KPa/RPM block in each map. This would take hours and hours. So we didnt get anywhere.
It was designed I learned to work specifically with the autotune and wide O2. Wish I wouldve known that lol. So I just picked up a PC3 and Im gonna use that. Next week hopefully Ill get it back on the dyno with some solid numbers. I was pleased with the numbers I put up though considering how bad the basic tune I had was.
Check out the HORRIBLE A/F ratios on the bottom graph.