Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Riverview, NB... CANADA
This will be my 3rd summer with my RG. Some of you may remember or read that I inherited this bike from my dad, who passed away in January 2015. Hard to believe it has been 3 years, there is still a wound in me that hasn't healed.
After reading through some of the builds, looking at photos, and getting some experience on his bike I've decided to do a major refresh over the next 2 years. I work overseas, so I am away from my family about 7 months a year, the good news is I'm home and off for 5 months of the year. When I'm home it's pretty much %100 family time and I don't make much room for wrenching anymore, so I'll be having a local shop do most of my work.
- Tires (Pirelli night dragons)
- 21" Fat spoke front wheel
- Brake pads and rotors
- 14" apes
- Paul Yaffee front LED turn signals
- Lower profile rear plate holder and tail lights
- Lepera solo seat
- Full paint
- Progressive rear suspension
- LED headlights (Chinese from the ebay link on this site)
To do before 2019 riding season
- Either a 97" or 100" big bore, or maybe a S&S crate engine or there is local company (Merchmotors) that makes a a 100" that puts out 100HP 107 ft/lbs. If I do the big bore kit I will likely get the heads done and obviously new cams.
- Baker 6 speed
As with any build the list will continue to grow I'm sure. Your input is all appreciated. So far I've had all my work done at a local shop in Moncton NB. Dog House cycles. Guys are really stand up and have been emailing me pics of the progress while I'm away at work.
Last edited by JimmyO; 04-27-2018 at 11:37 PM.
Reason: Adding to the list already...