I have owned 2 other Harley & after years of thinking that I could never get used the stationary fairing, my Father road his 2009 RG CVO down from Oregon last summer and I was hooked. The riding characteristics IMO are the best, it handles like a touring bike but lover the turns like a crotch rocket. So after months of looking and wanting, my better half said "Fuck it, just get one, You know you want to!" So without further hesitation I was on a mission to hind my bike. I check all of Cali and to my surprise I found my baby on Craigs' list from my local Dealership. They just got it in so I called them up to take her for a test ride. I fell in love with her knowing that she would be a great foundation from the much needed mod that we all must do for many reasons. No, Harley's are not build "One size fits All".
The first thing was a new seat for the misses. If she isn't comfortable, you’ll never be comfortable. My father had a stock Hammock seat that is very comfortable for both of us.
Next the handle bars. After researching this and other sites I choose BR Customs Bars. I called and spoke to Traci and she was a big help. These bars are custom made to you specs, although I will tell you that it takes a long time, 6-8 weeks to build. But well worth the wait. Having bars that were made just for me appealed to me over the everyday, off the selves’ bars I’ve seen. I went with the 1 ½” Sweeping Beater. After having the Lindby Engine Guards on my 2 other Street glide I know this was the design I was looking for. I love being able to kick your feet up on the lower bar. Well luck would have it that BR Customs has a Bitchn Custom engine guard from the Road Glide. So a week after I order my bars, I called and spoke to Traci and got a great deal on the guard. I order my raw because I know I could find a local Powder Coater to do it for a lot less than they wanted and I was right. Full Spectrum in San Louis Obispo, CA. is the Bomb; the work was amazing and reasonable, Thanx go to Chad. So having to have these parts PC I thought now is the opportune time to get a shit load of other part blacked out, since that is the route I intended on going. After removing a lot of parts, I could make a list but do you really care what exactly was done. Anyway, got the parts after only a week and started to put her back together. Side note; for anyone changing your bars, the Fly-By-Wire will most likely give you trouble and the best and cheapest fix is to cut the green connector out and solder the wires. I spend 3 days chasing done codes and problems because of it.
Well, here are some before and after pics. Thanx for checking out my build.