Mounting Instructions for Sancho's Wings
IT IS THE INSTALLERS' RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THE DEFLECTORS ARE INSTALLED PROPERLY. SANCHOS WINGS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPROPER INSTALLATION. PERIODIC MAINTENANCE IS REQUIRED.
Installation tip: After installation, if you notice a gap between the deflector and the inner fairing this can be eliminated by heating the lower half with a blow dryer and using a micro fiber cloth pressing the deflector against the inner fairing. The lower half will then fit snug against the fairing. The adhesive will not bond correctly if applied at temperatures less than 50 degrees F. Do not attempt installation in temp less than 50 F.
1. Remove the bottom fairing screw.
2. Hold the deflector against the inner fairing, (making sure the hole in the deflector is over the bottom fairing screw hole and the top of the deflector is against the glove box lid), to determine the correct position for mounting. Do not remove red tape backing yet.
3. Clean the inner fairing surface with alcohol and let surface completely dry.
4. Remove the red backing on the tape.
5. Insert the supplied screw through the metal washer then through the rubber washer then the deflector and start the screw into the inner fairing (do not tighten yet). Position the deflector against the glove box lid and tighten the supplied fairing screw and washers. Do not over tighten, do not distort the deflector.
6. Apply pressure over the mounting tape. The more pressure the better the bond strength.
Maintenance: This product must be checked for good adhesion as part of the normal
pre-ride check list. Clean with water and mild non-abrasive soap, Plexus or Novus #1
Plastic Clean & Shine. This product is not intended or designed to replace the lower fairing.
This product is warranted free of defects. If you are not happy with this product return it within 7 days for a full refund excepting the following conditions:
This product must be properly installed, maintained under normal conditions. The seller will not be held liable for any consequential and incidental damages, including labor and paint, resulting from failure of this product. The adhesion of this product must be checked before each use as part of the normal pre-ride checklist. This product is not warranted against excessive speeds, careless or reckless operation of the motorcycle.