Road Glide banner

now have amp and ready to install

926 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mjsdouble 
#1 ·
Ok i have bought myself a Calrion amp. seems somewhat simple. Wires are speaker in and speakers out. @ more wires that go to battery and ground. One last wire that I think is for switched power. I assume i have to find a wire that only has power when the bike is on. does this make sense? Thinking about tieing into the 12v ass. would that work. The amp also has RCA plugs but from what I can tell that is just another way to install the amp without using the switched power wire. does this sound like I am on the right track ?

#2 ·
Sounds correct. You can run the high pass input Instead of messing with rca. Your amp may get its remote signal through the high pass. I know the rf pbr300 does. Run you amp and ground all the way to the battery.

#4 ·
Some run the ground to the battery. I did what others have done and ground is closer to the amp. Mine is on the frame near the engine guard. I just removed the paint for a good ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.