Road Glide Forums

Road Glide Forums (https://www.roadglide.org/forumindex.php)
-   Equipment-RG (https://www.roadglide.org/4-equipment-rg/)
-   -   What type of Jack/Lift do you use? (https://www.roadglide.org/4-equipment-rg/241617-what-type-jack-lift-do-you-use.html)

BDMastiff 09-15-2015 07:32 PM

What type of Jack/Lift do you use?

I'm looking for a new jack. Not sure if I want a jack or lift table. Primary use will be general maintenance, service, and maybe cleaning. I'm a novice mechanic but always learning to do more. Help me!!!!

r_einan 09-15-2015 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been using an inexpensive harbor freight bike jack for years. Works good for most things, doesn't make things as easy as a table would.

Bandit 7 09-15-2015 07:54 PM

What type of Jack/Lift do you use?

148 Attachment(s)
I've had a aluminum Craftsman jack for 10 years now with no problems. Recently got a harbor freight table lift I like it not much use yet to give a good review. I will say you have to put a better wheel chalk on this lift. What it comes with is crap.

lil chief 09-15-2015 08:13 PM

Been using a Harbor Freight table lift for a few years now. As stated, change out the wheel chock. I welded together some frames that are removable from the table and topped them with plywood so I can ride my bikes right up onto the lift

Big_gary 09-15-2015 08:40 PM

Been using a $100 Larin for 15 year without fail. Does everything I needed it to do. A buddy just bought a Pitbull lift. Its a nice jack and a much stouter jack than mine, but also cost a good bit more. In the end, they both do the same thing.

rlaf75 09-15-2015 10:50 PM

I used the red craftsman jack for several years without any problems. I did however buy the harbor freight lift table a couple of years ago and that's been great. I use that for everything. Comes in handy for a work bench when the bike isn't on it

SurlyBoy 09-15-2015 11:06 PM

I like my Larin lift for general maintenance and service. Helps to get the wheels off the ground or even just to support a bike upright. For building or major surgery I use my HF table. You can get the work right up in front of you and use the top as a work surface for tools and parts.

Jayray 09-15-2015 11:48 PM

Harbor Freight lift table and a wheel chock. I was out the door UNDER $300.

JacktheBagger 09-16-2015 02:07 AM

Torin Big Red jack , werks great , shop I built for the bike isn't really big enuff for a table though I would like one ..

May check into the HF for grits and shiggles

JtB

BobRG15 09-16-2015 06:41 AM

Check out Lifts-and-Stands.com They are pricey but you be the judge