Road Glide Forums

Road Glide Forums (https://www.roadglide.org/forumindex.php)
-   Controls & Handlebars (https://www.roadglide.org/24-controls-handlebars/)
-   -   Ultra bars on Road Glide Special ? (https://www.roadglide.org/24-controls-handlebars/351865-ultra-bars-road-glide-special.html)

houston_t 02-22-2018 04:16 PM

Ultra bars on Road Glide Special ?
 
Anybody using ultra bars on their special ? I just picked up a 18 RGS and i actually like the bars but i wish they were a tad bit taller. I read that the RGU bars were taller so before i drop money on aftermarket bars i thought i would ask here and see how you guys like them and maybe if anyone has any pics ? Also how much taller are they ?

flhtcm 02-22-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houston_t (Post 4338265)
Anybody using ultra bars on their special ? I just picked up a 18 RGS and i actually like the bars but i wish they were a tad bit taller. I read that the RGU bars were taller so before i drop money on aftermarket bars i thought i would ask here and see how you guys like them and maybe if anyone has any pics ? Also how much taller are they ?

I believe they are considering them 11" but that's just me thrying to find out what size before I changed them out. I have my stock bars if you're interested let me know...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BB Bomber 02-22-2018 05:24 PM

from what I can find, RGU bars:
10.25" Rise
10" Pullback
34.75 wide

RG/S
9.50" Rise
10.50" Pullback
32.25" Wide

They will fit, lots of people have done it. All you have to do is pull that pesky pin on the bottom clamp. A pair of vice grips will pull it out, or others have pounded it down so its flush.

Check craigslist or ebay before ordering them from the dealer. Lots of people changing out their bars so they can be had for much less.

houston_t 02-22-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flhtcm (Post 4338385)
I believe they are considering them 11" but that's just me thrying to find out what size before I changed them out. I have my stock bars if you're interested let me know...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Are your stock bars black ?

houston_t 02-22-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Bomber (Post 4338417)
from what I can find, RGU bars:
10.25" Rise
10" Pullback
34.75 wide

RG/S
9.50" Rise
10.50" Pullback
32.25" Wide

They will fit, lots of people have done it. All you have to do is pull that pesky pin on the bottom clamp. A pair of vice grips will pull it out, or others have pounded it down so its flush.

Check craigslist or ebay before ordering them from the dealer. Lots of people changing out their bars so they can be had for much less.

Thanks for that info, deff not gonna buy new, I wanna say i has 12'' bars on my 13 and they were nice but these new factory's feel good too

BlazingSaddle 02-22-2018 05:38 PM

I was using Ultra bars on my Ultra, and honestly donít have anything bad to say about them. Buddy has an RGS and heís swapping his stock bars out as soon as financially possible. I only swapped mine out because I wanted a different look. Hanging on to them ďjust in caseĒ, since havenít taken a road trip with the new setup yet. You should have no problems swapping yours out for Ultra bars, just do as previous posts said. The pin on an RGS clamp is opposite of that on an Ultra so will need to tap flush or just remove. Very simple.

houston_t 02-22-2018 05:43 PM

Winter here in MI so i haven't rode with these bars yet but just sitting here they feel good. When i sat on my SGS i instantly knew i didn't like those bars, but its all personal preference.

flhtcm 02-22-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houston_t (Post 4338449)
Are your stock bars black ?

Chrome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Buzzy 02-23-2018 07:13 AM

You may want to look for road king bars. Taller than ultra and less pull back. I went that way for my carpal tunnel to straighten my wrists.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

houston_t 02-23-2018 07:32 AM

So is pullback the wrist angle ?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
H-D, Harley-Davidson, and Harley-Davidson Logos are registered trademarks of H-D Michigan, Inc. Harley-Davidson in no way endorses or is affiliated with this site.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome