Road Glide banner

M8 head pipe is it worth it?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SteadyEddie 
#1 ·
Is it worth switching out the head pipe? How much of a difference is sound is there?

#2 ·
Are you switching out the M8 or switching to the M8 headpipe? If switching out are you ready to go without warranty? If so I definitely switch to a full exhaust. I personally like the V&H 2 in 1 Pro Pipe but there are many great exhausts. Someone on the forum probably already has done this so it'll be interesting to see how it goes and read the responses. Good luck post what you decide.

#4 ·
I did not swap mine out, my Dyno guy guy told me that the hp gain was minimal and no tq gain. I took his word and left the stock head pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I always Run Full Exhaust,I Put Rinehart Slim Line Duals,An had it Dynoed with a Power Vision.My Friend Just Put Rinehart Slip Ons.Mine Is Louder Especially Behind IT.I Have 1700 Mi. on now Seems like its Getting a Little Louder the more Miles I get.It will be louder without those Cats. An a Different Head Pipe.Rode mine over to Americade Sat.It runs Very Good,So much more Tourqe Than my 103.

#6 ·
Stage 1......sound gain, nothing on performance the Butt Dyno will feel
Stage 2.....really depends on the size of the cam and anything else you add (TB, etc etc)
Stage 3.....Indeed....you need more airflow too take advantage of the added components
Stage 4.....without a doubt...swap it out

Just my .02 and I am sure many will differ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.