Road Glide Forums

Road Glide Forums (https://www.roadglide.org/forumindex.php)
-   Forum Help Desk (Post Forum Issues Here) (https://www.roadglide.org/13-forum-help-desk-post-forum-issues-here/)
-   -   Where are my draft posts? (https://www.roadglide.org/13-forum-help-desk-post-forum-issues-here/372203-where-my-draft-posts.html)

HogWart 04-21-2019 01:42 PM

Where are my draft posts?

I started a post, and then inadvertently left the page. I received a notice that my post was saved as a draft, and would be deleted in 7 days. So how do I access my draft so I can post it?

MontyMoose 04-21-2019 05:05 PM

Try clicking on your name (under the navigation bar) then looking under the Statistics tab. Check both the "Find all posts by YourNameHere" and "Find all threads started by YourNameHere" and see if it's in there. That's my best guess, but I'm not an admin.

HogWart 04-22-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyMoose (Post 4618061)
Try clicking on your name (under the navigation bar) then looking under the Statistics tab. Check both the "Find all posts by YourNameHere" and "Find all threads started by YourNameHere" and see if it's in there. That's my best guess, but I'm not an admin.

Good thought, but nope - it's not there. :-(

MCAdmin 04-22-2019 01:41 PM

Hmm, I haven't ever seen a draft folder or option on the forum.
Do you see anything saying "restore auto-saved replies" on the quick reply button in that section?

Ed

geo8866 04-22-2019 01:45 PM

Anytime I've left the page while typing, it was gone and I had to start over. I never got the message you received.

HogWart 04-22-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCAdmin (Post 4618415)
Hmm, I haven't ever seen a draft folder or option on the forum.
Do you see anything saying "restore auto-saved replies" on the quick reply button in that section?

No, I don't.

HogWart 04-22-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo8866 (Post 4618419)
Anytime I've left the page while typing, it was gone and I had to start over. I never got the message you received.

Weird. I definitely got the message - I was using my iPhone and on the website itself (not via Tapatalk, or some other 3rd party app). I guess this will just have to remain a mystery...

MCAdmin 04-23-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogWart (Post 4618425)
Weird. I definitely got the message - I was using my iPhone and on the website itself (not via Tapatalk, or some other 3rd party app). I guess this will just have to remain a mystery...

Were you on enhanced mobile view or desktop view?

Ed

HogWart 04-23-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCAdmin (Post 4618883)
Were you on enhanced mobile view or desktop view?

I was in enhanced mobile view when I started creating the post and inadvertently left the page and received the notification that my draft would be saved for 7 days. I tried searching for the "drafts" location in that view, and then switched to the desktop view. No joy.

MCAdmin 04-23-2019 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HogWart (Post 4618891)
I was in enhanced mobile view when I started creating the post and inadvertently left the page and received the notification that my draft would be saved for 7 days. I tried searching for the "drafts" location in that view, and then switched to the desktop view. No joy.

Attachment 382293

Attachment 382295

when that blue notification disappears, you'll notice that the [+] sign has a red dot on it. it means that there's a saved draft. it's probably only saved to the section you're in.

Lee