Road Glide Forums

Road Glide Forums (https://www.roadglide.org/forumindex.php)
-   Do-IT-Yourself (https://www.roadglide.org/29-do-yourself/)
-   -   Does this look right? (https://www.roadglide.org/29-do-yourself/372209-does-look-right.html)

Headrope 04-21-2019 02:32 PM

Does this look right?
 
3 Attachment(s)
Wife bought me a pretty part for our 2010 ’Glide. Installation was simple - too easy, really - so Im looking for reassurance:
Harley’s bar and shield linkage will end up somewhat at an angle once installed, right? And that angle won’t screw anything up over time?

BH#103 04-21-2019 02:45 PM

The linkage should be vertical with both Heim joints not stressed to one side or the other. A Heim joint is the bearing type joints at the end of the linkage.

RealCowboyMD 04-21-2019 02:47 PM

Make sure it wiggles(rotates) on the heim joints and you are good.

skratch 04-21-2019 02:50 PM

i just went through this myself. i replaced the stock linkage with the linkage off my old cvo. without using spacers, there is no way to make the linkage perfectly parallel. i rode for about 50 miles yesterday, and shifting was great, there was no binding, and i had no issues.

RFG7680 04-21-2019 04:01 PM

Mine is a bit off too. Like Skratch said. Without spacers. Just get it as best ya can. Mine works flawlessly.

Headrope 04-21-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealCowboyMD (Post 4618019)
Make sure it wiggles(rotates) on the heim joints and you are good.

It rotates freely (tilts forward/back) on the joints. Thanks, sir.

Headrope 04-21-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skratch (Post 4618021)
i just went through this myself. i replaced the stock linkage with the linkage off my old cvo. without using spacers, there is no way to make the linkage perfectly parallel. i rode for about 50 miles yesterday, and shifting was great, there was no binding, and i had no issues.

Agreed: There is no way other than spacers to make it parallel. Looks like Iím good. Thanks!

Headrope 04-21-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFG7680 (Post 4618043)
Mine is a bit off too. Like Skratch said. Without spacers. Just get it as best ya can. Mine works flawlessly.

Appreciate it. This thing was too easy to install. Usually for me that means trouble.
Iím gonna stamp this one as done. Thanks for the reply.

30glock 04-22-2019 06:44 AM

They all do that :grin:

Thermodyne 04-22-2019 08:53 AM

Na, that's all out of kilter.

It wont mount to the inside of the front lever?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
H-D, Harley-Davidson, and Harley-Davidson Logos are registered trademarks of H-D Michigan, Inc. Harley-Davidson in no way endorses or is affiliated with this site.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome