Road Glide Forums

Road Glide Forums (https://www.roadglide.org/forumindex.php)
-   Audio (https://www.roadglide.org/53-audio/)
-   -   Speakers in the Inner Fairing (https://www.roadglide.org/53-audio/5006-speakers-inner-fairing.html)

Neano62 02-17-2011 11:30 PM

Speakers in the Inner Fairing

2 Attachment(s)
This mod has taken 4/ever to get rite but I think I've finally GOT IT!

I've went thru 3 different sets of speaker grills, and still aint 100% sure of how to mount the speakers, w/o the grills rubbing on the Triple Tree Hseing.

So I'm at the point of cuttin the holes this wkd. and we'll c if the speaker will b mounted totally on the inside of the inner fairing or, mounting the speaker w/the lip of the speaker mounted on the outside of the inner fairing. I've taken a couple pics, just to show ya how "Tight" this is.

Neano62 02-17-2011 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another pic, u can click on these pics and makem bigger

Martinsurg 02-17-2011 11:49 PM

I will be interested in the final solution, with the direction of the speaker how will it sound?

Neano62 02-18-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinsurg (Post 56753)
I will be interested in the final solution, with the direction of the speaker how will it sound?

Direction,...meaning the way its kinda "Hidden?"
All I can say is I heard Yaffe's Super Stereo Kit w/Saddlebag Lids last wkd. Sounded pretty good to me, but when I'm done I'll b pushin more watts than he has and will b using the Hawg-Wired 6.5" speakers in the stock holes and the "Power" Rockford Fosgates in the holes that are about to b cut. Along w/a 400 watt 4-channel amp. Yaffe's only got a 300 watt 4-channel amp. He uses Rockford Fosgate "Punch" speakers.

I'm pretty sure mine will sound better, but gotta get sum time to do what I gotta do this wkd.,cause my Painter has called and said hes ready!

Rowdy 02-18-2011 09:24 AM

Good luck Neano, I for one am anxious to see how it comes out. I am sure it will rock...

Rowdy

buzzman_45011 02-18-2011 09:49 AM

hmm. Looks like I'm going to have to stop by and hear this in person.

Garcou 02-18-2011 11:10 AM

Very interested in your results, Iam wanting to do something similar but I want to use those holes for 6 inch subs! (focal's)

Sedona Blue 02-18-2011 11:45 AM

what is the difference in your inner speakers compared to yaffe's. I'm doing the same set up while the bike is down

jimmyo79 02-18-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neano62 (Post 56745)
This mod has taken 4/ever to get rite but I think I've finally GOT IT!

I've went thru 3 different sets of speaker grills, and still aint 100% sure of how to mount the speakers, w/o the grills rubbing on the Triple Tree Hseing.

So I'm at the point of cuttin the holes this wkd. and we'll c if the speaker will b mounted totally on the inside of the inner fairing or, mounting the speaker w/the lip of the speaker mounted on the outside of the inner fairing. I've taken a couple pics, just to show ya how "Tight" this is.

Hey Neano;
Are you using the 6.5" speaker adapter rings that are normally used in the fairing for this mod? I thought I read somewhere that if you do, the speakers will sit lower and give you more clearance between the grill and the Triple Tree Housing. BTW, I am still waiting on my painter to finish painting my stretched tank and one off dash panel. All of my Shark Nosed parts are done!! Jimmy

Neano62 02-18-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyo79 (Post 56921)
Hey Neano;
Are you using the 6.5" speaker adapter rings that are normally used in the fairing for this mod? I thought I read somewhere that if you do, the speakers will sit lower and give you more clearance between the grill and the Triple Tree Housing. BTW, I am still waiting on my painter to finish painting my stretched tank and one off dash panel. All of my Shark Nosed parts are done!! Jimmy

I've not heard of any adapter rings? U got a pic?
there aint "No Way" your gonna fit an adapter ring, like is used in the stock hole where these speakers go. Unless I'm totally "Blind" of a mod that I dont know of. Call me man. U still got my #?