Road Glide banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,837 Posts
Too many variables in your question. How many miles do you anticipate riding each day? Some guys tour at 300 miles per day, others do that before their 10:00 coffee break. How much do you weigh? Are you in top notch physical condition, or have 6-pack abs by Budweiser? Are we talking about doing a lot of Interstate miles because of time constraints, or 2-lane back roads all the way? The only way you're really going to know is to devote a couple of 'test' days doing the kind of mileage you expect to do when touring. Do a couple of 500 mile days back to back and you'll have a good idea of whether you need to replace the seat or not. Don't forget that even the best long distance seats often require a lot of beak-in miles before they're truly comfortable.

·
Registered
2022 Road Glide ST, 2003 Road King Classic, 2008 BMW K1200R
146 Posts
Yeah, height, arm length, leg length all play into it. I'm tall to it was way too close for me. First thing I ordered was a seat and bars if that's any indication of how bad it is.

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
579 Posts
So 4 people here say the stock seat sucks and that they changed it out….

So what did you change it out to? What new seat did you order? Sorry, but it’s a pet peeve of mine with online forums when folks chime in to say “so and so sucks I ordered a new one” but don’t mention anything at all about the new one they ordered. That info would likely be very helpful to the OP and others.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about the stock RG special seat? I could ask friend to sell me at good price. I already spent too much this month cant afford Saddle man seat for the moment.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
676 Posts
I swapped over my Corbin Dual Tour that i took off of my trade in. I also have a LaPera Villian that is very comfy but not as comfy as my Corbin. The LaPera looks nicer on my RG ST.
I am going to put the LaPera up for sale so i can get a Corbin solo seat.

·
Registered
'22 RG ST
163 Posts
Stock seat sucks. That being said before I got it off the bike my longest ride on it was 400 miles.

I ordered a BB seat and didn't care for their poor service and the seat just didn't fit the way I hoped it would.
So I ordered a Lepera seat. Fast and friendly service. Super knowledgeable and responsive to my emails and subsequent phone calls.

Motorcycle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Badboyz seat, solo
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

BB w/passenger pillion

Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Lepera with backrest
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Lepera

I was so pleased with the Lepera I am ordering a solo seat. It fits just right and I've done 600 miles easily on it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
579 Posts
Stock seat sucks. That being said before I got it off the bike my longest ride on it was 400 miles.

I ordered a BB seat and didn't care for their poor service and the seat just didn't fit the way I hoped it would.
So I ordered a Lepera seat. Fast and friendly service. Super knowledgeable and responsive to my emails and subsequent phone calls.

View attachment 451687
Badboyz seat, solo
View attachment 451688
BB w/passenger pillion

View attachment 451686
Lepera with backrest
View attachment 451685
Lepera

I was so pleased with the Lepera I am ordering a solo seat. It fits just right and I've done 600 miles easily on it.
Is that the Maverick? It says it’s 15” wide. I’m worried that is too wide for me. I’m 5’6”. It would be comfortable but I bet reaching the ground would be more difficult than the stock seat.

·
Registered
2022 ST, 14" mini apes, Reinhart DBX, SE Ohlins, HD Ventilator AC
83 Posts
The stock seat is friggin horrible. It's like it was an afterthought. My stock seat never left the dealer. I swapped over my Corbin Gunfighter and might order a Corbin Solo Tour just in case my GF decides she wants to ride again.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts