Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add the Legends AXEO suspension to my front end and would like to add the 1” drop they offer in most of their setups. Not seeing specifics on if the AXEO21KO has the 1” or not and having troubles reaching their support.

Anyone have Legends AXEO suspension on a newer CVO or 21” wheel? All I can find is the standard height. I have Shotgun Shock air ride in the rear so I’d like a small 1” up front.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't have them personally, but they offer with 1" drop. Should be no issue.
Screenshot_20190412-064014.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looking to add the Legends AXEO suspension to my front end and would like to add the 1” drop they offer in most of their setups. Not seeing specifics on if the AXEO21KO has the 1” or not and having troubles reaching their support.

Anyone have Legends AXEO suspension on a newer CVO or 21” wheel? All I can find is the standard height. I have Shotgun Shock air ride in the rear so I’d like a small 1” up front.
If you are running a 21" front wheel I would encourage you to go with the AXEO21 kit which is specifically designed for bike with the larger 21" diameter front wheel. While you could go with the 1" Lowered AXEO Kit the only issue would be that this kit does not have internal stops built into it so if you hit a giant pothole or something you run the risk of hitting the fender on the triple trees. The AXEO21 Kit does have the internal stops which is the only difference between the AXEO21 and the 1" lowered AXEO.

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have 2017 that I put a 21” and hated the ride before putting the AXEO21 which rides amazing now. Contact them for specifics there support team is awesome.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We have the same bike :)
I just ordered Legends for mine. I put a taller windscreen, tour pack is on the way, and a Mustang seat. I didn't want to have to change out the suspension on a brand new CVO, but the stock suspension absolutely sucks. I almost went over the bars after hitting a cattle guard (I've hit countless times on other bikes) at 50 MPH.
Friends of mine think I am butchering it by adding the tour pack, screen, and seat, but I have plenty of road trips planned, and all that comes off if I want to make it look more stock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the AXEO kit on my 2019 CVO RG both front and rear, it is an amazing ride. Just be sure to use the kit Legends make specific to the 2018-2019 RG CVOs, from experience the other kits ride like crap. Basically I worked the suspension changes in when buying the bike, since my last bike was set up the same I knew I wanted it and rather than pull them off the dealer threw in the upgrade on the new bike. Unfortunately the guy that ordered the parts got the AXEO 21-23 kit which is made for bikes that came stock with a 19" wheel and changed to a 21" or 23" wheel. They put it on and I left, the bike rode terrible and would hop the front wheel on bumps. I looked at the box of parts they returned to me and saw the kit that was used. I went back to the dealer and informed them the wrong kit was used, the RG specific kit was new so I understood the mix up. They ordered the new kit specific to the 2018-2019 RG CVOs, put it on, and I have 2500 miles on them now and the bike handles like a dream. So my advice, for what its worth, use the Legend kit made specifically for the RG CVOs. Nice bike by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts