Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16' 103 ho , the Harley tech says my stock compression is 10.01 with stock gaskets (. 0057 ? ) he thinks, how much compression gain will I get using a .0030 gasket?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
16' 103 ho , the Harley tech says my stock compression is 10.01 with stock gaskets (. 0057 ? ) he thinks, how much compression gain will I get using a .0030 gasket?
Road Glide Special? I believe its 9.7:1. If its an Ultra it is 10.1:1 (twin cooled)

I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't just increase compression on a stock 103 without porting heads and a cam, a tune, etc.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Probably not going to be worth your effort to just swap head gaskets. Now that said if you were going into the motor for a reason then make sure to throw the. 030 back in there

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
HIB is correct. stock is about 9.7 with the stock head gasket. With the .030 it will bump you up to 10.1:1. You need to match the compression to the cam you are running. Do it right or not at all. Cam exhaust head gasket intake tune enjoy...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry my bad,,it's a road glide special, rhinehart true duels and SE breather. I'm going to drop in Cyclerama 575 cams but need more compression for it, thinking the gasket swap might do it, but now I'm looking at head work. Also,I'm going to change out lifters and pushrods ( adjustable ) . Do you think I should replace springs as well?

·
Registered
388 Posts

I went through this when I was working on my 15 rgs. going from the 46 or 51 to 0030 gasket will make the motor more efficient by reducing the size of the compression chamber. there are 3 things to measure and you have to take your engine apart to do it. will you see anything from changing no...I was gonna put cometic multi piece steel on mine, and then traded for the 17. so if your there, do it. they should out last you!! cometic .0030 MLS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts