Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the Ile cable do and do I need it. The reason I ask is my throttle cable broke the day before I am leaving on a 1500 mile roundtrip ride. I was unable to locate one locally or with in a couple hours drive. So I took the idle cable off and moved it to the throttle position and all is well. The bike Idles and everything works just fine. Any help is appreciated

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
If your linkage gets stuck, it gives you the ability to close the throttle in an emergency, like not doing a Wile E Coyote .

I believe it is also required for the cruise control to work (I could be wrong on that part)

I would buy a new one...... if the one you have now breaks, you got nothin..... nada..... no spare to put on :eek:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered one! But it wont be here in time to install it so I am going to put it in my bags to take with me just in case. Also I was able to verify this a.m. the cruise control works! Bonus as I thought it wasnt going to. I have been mentally preparing for the if the throttle sticks what to do scenario. Shut it down and grab some brakes

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I have been mentally preparing for the if the throttle sticks what to do scenario. Shut it down and grab some brakes

First you say OH SHIT!
Then you should pull in clutch and hit kill button then try to coast to a safe spot and stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts