Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did it tonight. Piece of cake. I decided to give the D2 moto pads a shot as I'm just now starting to catch up on funds after being furloughed from work. Figured 37.00 for all three sets with free shipping they would be worth a shot. Front calipers came off super easy, and new pads dropped right in. Rear caliper took a little thinking to get it off. Slid the caliper assembly towards the engine and it came off easily without jacking up the bike, removing the axle or shock. Prior to removing the calipers i used a putty knife between the old pads and the disc to compress the pistons. I"ll give a status report on the wear and function of the D2 pads

Registered
Good job bro. I had a buddy of mine show me how to do brakes a couple of weeks ago, I couldnt believe how simple it was, I will never pay anyone to do brakes on my bike again.

Definitely report back on those d2moto pads, I bought my Lyndalls before I was aware of them. I'm skeptical because they are so inexpensive, I guess they could wear out 3 times as fast and you'd still be in the ballpark for Lyndalls.

Big question is dust - need to know about how much dust these create.

Let us know!

Registered
Yeah the brakes are fairly easy to do. I just had to do the rears. Ill be doing my fronts this winter and been hearing about those D2moto pads. 3 sets for under $40 is quite nice but i to am alil skeptical. Members here say good things about them so i may order them soon. Please keep us posted on the dust aspect too :)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
You paid $37.00 for 3 sets. Let's us know how they work & how long they last. When it comes to brakes, I would be looking for quality not price. It just seems at $37.00 for 3 sets, the may not be all that good. I mean no disrespect, just my 2 cents.

Registered
You paid $37.00 for 3 sets. Let's us know how they work & how long they last. When it comes to brakes, I would be looking for quality not price. It just seems at $37.00 for 3 sets, the may not be all that good. I mean no disrespect, just my 2 cents.
I get it for sure, but there are a lot of guys that swear by them.

Registered
Great - dust compared to stock?
I been running the sintered brake pads from D2 Moto for a month and a 1/2 now and I have around 3500 miles on them with no issues the bike stops fine. I haven't noticed any more dust from D2 pads then I did from the stock HD pads.

Registered
There are wear grooves in the pads. You can see the fronts real easy with a flashlight just buy looking down between the calipers. If you don't see the groove then it's time to replace them. You may be able to see that on the rears using a light and possible a mirror. Hell, you may have a good enough angle to see them without removing the bag. Haven't tried looking at the rears that way yet. I just changed them when I changed my back tire at 18,000 miles and they were still good. I do a LOT of highway miles though.

Registered
Changing out the pads is really a simple job even with taking the time to make sure everything is exactly correct. You don't want to mess up on your brakes. :eek:

I used the D2 Pads on my front and they have been working great and they are very well put together too - perfect fit and finish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts