Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have speaker pods on my tour pack with stock speakers and the short harness for each. One has the volume control switch.

I’m looking for the harness that ties them together and travels back to the head unit.

I’m currently running the DsC 12002 plug n play amp and a stock head unit.

I want to purchase an aquatics HU to install.

It has a second set of outputs for the back. And I believe I can keep the plug n play amp.

Would the stock harness help me at all or am I doing this the hard way? Lol.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

04 RG

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi Clutch1; I did an audio-upgrade to my 2001 SERG. I got the Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT-H (retails at US $ 350.00 the model with color-display and other extras costs 650.00!) and J&M Perfomance speakers (BIG 7.25" RG-specific speakers, needed some extra brackets to fit) it was all plug&play - no splicing or extra wires needed. I had in mind putting in an external amp. but the out-put on the AV 288watts was good enough for me so I returned the amp.

I reckon you know all this, but for other readers who try som DIY - don't forget to hook up the blue-line (remote amp. on/off).
Here's how!
Power wire from battery (+12VDC) goes to positive lead on amplifier.
Negative from battery (-12VDC) goes to the negative lead on the amplifier.
Blue wire from stereo gets connected to the remote turn on terminal on the amplifier.
The front or rear line out RCAs are connected to the input on the amplifier.
The speakers are connected to the outputs of the amplifier to power them.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Ill pick up the aquatics this week and if the amp is not necessary I’ll put it on the shelf lol. Now to get some new speakers for those tour pack boxes lol. Never ends!!

04 RG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts