Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine light comes on during riding but does not stay on all the time. Bike runs out great. Is there a way to check the codes myself, or do I have to carry it to a dealership?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Yes ! If you look at the top of the troubleshooting section there is a sticky that will provide you the information you need to check your codes.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yes, you can pull the codes to check them. However, you didn't mention what year bike. The procedure varies depending on the year. The HD service manual and Electrical Diagnosis manual should have the procedures in them. Very worthwhile investment.

Latest manuals I have are 2002 so I couldn't help with anything later than that. And be careful following internet directions unless you know they are for the year/model bike you have.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
I saw the codes, my question is can I pull the codes up on my bike without taking it to a dealer?
There is a sticky telling you "How to Find Your Diagnostic Trouble Codes" so please look a little closer, then after you find the DTC code or codes write it down and go to the sticky that pertains to your bike. The procedure to find the DTC (codes) is the same for the 05 models as it is for all models up to 2011. The procedure to clear the codes are also the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ironmark, new to this computer stuff on the iron hoarse! Followed your stickies and pulled up the codes on the scoot. Sweet!! Guys like you and this site are a new age bikers biggest help. Many thanks.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Glad to help you out! Did you find any codes & did you clear them? If you did have codes and cleared them and they do come back (engine light will come back on) you have a issue that may need to be taken care of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts