Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 103" SE flat tops & jugs, stock heads, SE 255's, V&H True Duals w/Rush slip-on's, Forcewinder intake, SERT, & a perfect tune by Big Boyz in Maine.....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm interested as I have a similar build except PC-V and autotune, but didn't see and dyno info attached.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Perhaps we are looking for a Dyno Sheet as thats what this thread is for. You gave us the info as to what you had installed but no dyno sheet. What hp and tq did you get out of this build!?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Perhaps we are looking for a Dyno Sheet as thats what this thread is for. You gave us the info as to what you had installed but no dyno sheet. What hp and tq did you get out of this build!?
Yep...what he said!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I see it now since you reposted in last repsonse.

Looks like nice smooth curves

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
I didn't see anything on the first post either, numbers look pretty good, looks like enough torque to pull a train.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I used the SE 103 kit with the 255 cams with the STOCK heads and a HD race tuner , using Vance & Hines true duels & a K&N air filter . The bike dynoed out with max HP 84.94 & max torque 107.20 . IMO this is a great engine build for the average rider , the build is economical & dependable & gives you the power you need for touring whether you are riding by yourself or riding 2 up . Putting another $2,000 into heads will only get you another 8lbs or so of torque and that's not much bang for the buck $$$ . IMO use the stock heads until the heads need to be reworked , put the $2,000 in extra bling and ride .

Attachments

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
The 255 cams are a touring cam which will give the bike more low end torque which is what you want if you are touring with a lot of gear or if you are doing 2 up riding . If you are just a bar hopper or only take short trips around home then the SE204 cam and a tune will do . The 103" kit will also give the bike the desired power for touring compared to the 96" . IMO the 103" with SE 255 cams will turn your RG into a great all around ride . The key phrase is "Almost Matching Results" if you have a dyno result on the tune with the SE204 cam can you post it .

·
Registered
397 Posts
Or a set of 555 cams and get 15 more horse and 20 ft lbs. Those numbers are possible with a stage one 96 with the 555 cams.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Or a set of 555 cams and get 15 more horse and 20 ft lbs. Those numbers are possible with a stage one 96 with the 555 cams.
I wonder if this section was created to discuss some individual run files?.......

You got a build you care to show us? Show me the dyno chart. Especially a 96" stock compression, just cams, 204 build that will break 100 Ft Lbs below 3000 rpm....... and what are those 555's gonna get me? 20 ft lbs more than my 255's in a stock 96"??? I call BS.......

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wonder if this section was created to discuss some individual run files?.......

You got a build you care to show us? Show me the dyno chart. Especially a 96" stock compression, just cams, 204 build that will break 100 Ft Lbs below 3000 rpm....... and what are those 555's gonna get me? 20 ft lbs more than my 255's in a stock 96"??? I call BS.......
Im not trying to make you mad. Im just stating that with a little different cam you could still have reliabilty you talked about and a little better numbers that you also commented on in your OP? Reserch Woods TW555 vs SE255 I do not have the computer knowledge to post other peoples dyno charts but that is a VS on a stage 1 stock compression 96 makin 100 tq at 3100 peakn out at 103tq and 96 hp. You could drastickly improve your tq in that 103. No harm ment if you are happy with it RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That 255 build was a dealer installed SE Stage II kit, that I had done before I picked the bike up. At that time (2006), 1. SE were the only cams available for the new cam chains, and 2. I kept the factory warranty intact by staying with SE parts.

I'll agree that there might be other cams that make decent numbers, but I don't think you can show me one that makes better torque below 3000 rpm in a stock compression, stock head bike. Sure it runs out of steam by 5000 rpm, but I don't ride my Roadglide up there very often. If I did, I'd probably would've put the 204's in it.......:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
103" Build

My DYNO Sheet is under the thread "SE-254E".

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=4878

I'm on my iPad, I cannot attach as an image.

Mr Forum Moderator...Feel free to jump in and post it.

Bagger is at the Dealer now. The tuner (Josh) is trying a Heavy Breather. He was thinking Air Ventilator is actually holding it back some.

We'll find out tomorrow or Friday...

Stay tuned,

Michael

·
Registered
397 Posts
.I'll agree that there might be other cams that make decent numbers, but I don't think you can show me one that makes better torque below 3000 rpm in a stock compression, stock head bike.
Once again check out the tw-555 it over takes the se255 in tq at 2600 rpm.
I am takn two bikes in for a dyno on Tuesday both bikes have stock bore and heads and stage one. Both have SE race tuners and D&D Fatcats. Woods TW-408-44 with 4 degree advance gear in my 2010 Road Glide and Woods TW-555 in my buddies 2010 Street Glide. Cant wait hope the Dumb Winter weather doesnt F it up as they are forcasting a major storm on Tuesday.:eek::(:mad:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/598732-wood-tw-555-vs-se255-cam-dyno-comparison-by-fuel-moto-7.html
There! Go to this website I cant figure out how to post this dyno sheet. But this is a real world test same bike same day different cams in a stock compression 96. Gee I wonder what cam would win a race or seat of the pants ride. Im just sayin;)
Here you go-

That is not a typical, flat 255 torque curve. I wonder how much time the tuner spent on ignition timing? Probably not too much if the results are only 15 runs apart.... I certainly wouldn't base my build on one oddball dyno chart......:rolleyes: Just sayin.....

If you like the 555, then that's exactly what you should run. I started this thread to show others my results with the Stage II 255 kit that the Moco
offers. I never claimed the 255 is the best cam out there. If you don't like them, don't run them. I tried them because there was nothing else available at the time. They kick ass below 3000 rpm. I was satisfied with them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts