Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just started to turn my 2007 CVO Road King into a Road Glide. I will continue to post pics as I go along.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re-posting pics

Having trouble posting pics

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More pics

Think I have it figured out now.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What head unit is that???
yes it is the Digital Media Centre from Paul Yaffe. I also purchased the interface for it so that I can wire in directly to my HD handle bar controls. The amp is the Rockford Fosgate BRT 300x2 channel amp. The full system is called The Bagger Nation OEM “Ultimate” 150/T-3 Component system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice but not cheap when you add in the handlebar control peripheral. Could do a Sony DMR with Sirius module and Biktronics RetroRadio kit for under $400.
My reason for making the transformation to a Road Glide besides liking the looks of the fairing was to have an awesome sound system. I had the Boom Audio on the Road King but could not hear it at anything above 65 mph. I wanted to have a system that could be heard at 90mph. I think I will have accomplished this feat with this system. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My reason for making the transformation to a Road Glide besides liking the looks of the fairing was to have an awesome sound system. I had the Boom Audio on the Road King but could not hear it at anything above 65 mph. I wanted to have a system that could be heard at 90mph. I think I will have accomplished this feat with this system. Time will tell.
Hey not knocking your choice. I'm sure it will be an awesome set-up. Just too rich for my blood. I am of the personal belief that you will never get high quality audio on a bike. Unless it is parked. As long as I can hear my tunes clear at higher speeds I am happy. Don't need the bells and whistles. Good head unit with a little higher power output and good, efficient speakers does the trick for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will you be changing the saddle bags? I wonder how leather clad bags will look on a shark?

Hutmo
I do have a set of hard bags, but will not be putting them on right away. I want this bike to be something that nobody else has. Also have a matching leather tour pak that would become useless. And I have always been one that liked the looks of the leather bags more than the hard bags. Gonna customize the area where the speedo and tach go too, since my speedo and tach will remain on my tank. Hopefully turns out the way I have it pictured in my head. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some more pics

Got the outer on just to make sure everything lines up and fits.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Couple more pics

Looking forward to see how much difference the Daymakers make.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts