Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 07 R/Glide there is a hole on the right side gauge housing in the black plastic (see pic), anybody know what its for ??????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I do remember see that on my 07. Somewhere I have pictures of the interfaring off I will look and see if it did have that hole. Is that the speedo and tack housing ? If so it might be where the had a snap in cable tie. look at these if it is the same hole you see that is what it was for.
07 inter stripped as far down as it will go. And yes that is the kitchen table. My wife puts up with me.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do remember see that on my 07. Somewhere I have pictures of the interfaring off I will look and see if it did have that hole. Is that the speedo and tack housing ? If so it might be where the had a snap in cable tie. look at these if it is the same hole you see that is what it was for.
07 inter stripped as far down as it will go. And yes that is the kitchen table. My wife puts up with me.
That hole is about 3/8" diameter. There is a smaller hole for the cable tie ring, that why I can't figure out what it's for. It's not a drilled hole, looks to be cast in when the the housing was molded.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
That hole is about 3/8" diameter. There is a smaller hole for the cable tie ring, that why I can't figure out what it's for. It's not a drilled hole, looks to be cast in when the the housing was molded.
That faring in the picture was from a 2007 RG if it does not have the hole someone may have put that one in yours.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I think it is where the OEM clutch cable would attach to the cluster housing. In your pic, it looks like you have rerouted braided lines and possibly non-OEM bars? Hard to see in just one small pic-just a guess?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
This shows where two of the snap in holders went. I do think there was another. I am digging around pictures looking for one that may show more. Dam I miss that bike.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts