Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buttoning up the fairing and adjusting the bulb assembly, I noticed the light shaking once I started the bike. No, a little play is not acceptable and the assembly should not be floating. If you think the movement is now because of a more direct light pattern, that’s also incorrect. Maybe those folks aren’t familiar with this type of shaking.
I found the assembly, while adjusted properly, was too far out on the adjusters (too far forward) leaving too much weight on those small bolts and cheap replacement adjusters hence the movement.
so, I had noticed the stock hardware is more beefy and as suggested elsewhere, I used those in lieu of the cheap plastic and bolts used in the replacement assembly.
After removing the outer fairing, I fixed the stock hardware onto the light assembly (remember to use the smaller bolt at the top to allow clearance when reassembling the outer fairing). I assembled the bolts to the assembly very tightly to ensure only adjustment movement. This time, I bottomed out the assembly on the adjusters (tightened them as far as I could keeping the distance turned evenly top to bottom) and popped them back into the adjuster housings snug to the fairing (don’t forget the small o ring). I turned the adjusters in the fairing first to ensure fit was snug and proper. No movement whatsoever. My fear was that I’d have no play to adjust, but they were so close to perfect after installing , I ended up doing a turn and a half on the bottom ones and voila, right on my aiming marks for adjustment. Definitely you’ll need the o rings in between the adjuster and the fairing as suggested elsewhere. Some may say, “MOCo would have fit perfectly” and “shoulda used HD.” But I can buy 5 of these cheaper than the HD part and it’s essentially identical so there’s no fitment issue. I hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I ended up using my stock mounting bolts on my Sunpie LED as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts