Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks

I have a 07 RG where a PO cut out the headlight pigtails for older style HID ballasts, so now I'm not sure where to plug in these new all-in-one style bulls since the connector is no longer there.

Does anybody have diagram or can you tell me the location and coloring of these wires?

Thanks a million for your input.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Can you post a pic of what you got in the bike right now for wiring and what you are trying to wire to?
Easiest way to determine colors is throw a multi meter on the leads. I thought I had all the colors in the notes on my phone but will have to look up when I get back to house later this morning. Also, Wagos (lever lock connectors) are great for testing wire connection function before soldering and shrink wrapping.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, thanks Berndt...

So this bike came with the two, large metal ballasts that push the halogen bulbs you can see hanging down below.

I want to put in these new all-in one with three prong male plugs, but somebody cut out the original female receptacles I guess.

Should I purchase the pictured female receiver and solder that in or what do you think?

I'm riding to see my daughter in a week so need to get this thing up.

Any help would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would buy two of the female H4 plugs you have pictured. You'll end up wiring them together back to the harness so you have a splitter for the two headlights.
The headlight should have three wires somewhere, white, yellow & black. You might have to trace the black and red wires you picture back to the main harness.
Black=Ground
White=High Beam
Yellow=Low Beam

If you don't find the wires, you'll just have to use a multimeter and toggle between high beams and low beams to figure out which wire is which.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts