Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, looking for some info. My 08 Candy Red Sunglo paint with the Nike Swoosh on it...so, is the swoosh graphic paint or vinyl? Anyone successful in getting it off and keeping stock paint? Thanks for any input.

Paco

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents. I thought this was the case, but I am furthest thing from paint and body guy so I wasn't trusting myself. Maybe I can remove it , paint some nice graphics and clear over it?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks gents. I thought this was the case, but I am furthest thing from paint and body guy so I wasn't trusting myself. Maybe I can remove it , paint some nice graphics and clear over it?
There was a thread on this forum about doing just that. But you don't have to remove it. You CAN scuff it and paint right over it and then clear coat it again. I remember he did like a badass ghost skulls graphic that was very subtle but very cool.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Turbo, that sounds like a doable solution. I actually like the paint and it is in good shape, just not a big fan of the swoosh. Flames, skulls, nekkid ladies, something will go nice there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Had the '08 graphics on my bike and decided they had to go. Found myself a retired airbrush painter with time on his hands. So much better now. Just makes you do more mods! Some pics in my albums if you want to see what getting rid of the stanard graphics can look like. fYI and as others have indicated - it took sanding to remove them.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I agree.....I'm not a fan either and am going to try vinyl wrap to cover up mine and if that doesn't work....then I think paint is the final solution.

Thanks Turbo, that sounds like a doable solution. I actually like the paint and it is in good shape, just not a big fan of the swoosh. Flames, skulls, nekkid ladies, something will go nice there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had the '08 graphics on my bike and decided they had to go. Found myself a retired airbrush painter with time on his hands. So much better now. Just makes you do more mods! Some pics in my albums if you want to see what getting rid of the stanard graphics can look like. fYI and as others have indicated - it took sanding to remove them.
Nice! Guy did a good job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts