Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought it as an experiment because the price was so good... but my wife likes the MCC modded ultra seat better.

I like the zep seat because it looks great on the bike... unlike the big ultra seat.

The bladders have a surprisingly good amount of travel. I think they are 100% comparable to the airhawk pads (I had one of those also).

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/road-zeppelin-air-adjustable-seat---touring

Got it at a good price so I thought I would pass the deal along to someone here.

360 + shipping (@25 bucks unless your on the west coast)

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the HD version... its the new design . I agree it looks MUCH MUCH better thats why I wanted to try it.

Click on the link in the first post... thats it.

I'll snap a pic with it on really quick. I was amazed how well it looked.

D.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So MCC did a 2" lower and 2" back on my ultra seat. I think this Zep seat is very VERY close to my modified seat. Nothing scientific just how it feels to me.

So my review of air ride seats is.... The bladders are not themselves the end all for comfort... but what they do very well is adjust the riding position to move pressure around on your behind. On my west coast trip last year I found I got the most out of the airhawk pad when I started the day 100% inflated and slowly let air out all day. By doing this I never got any numbness or discomfort.

I would recommend this new Zep seat for someone looking for a good blend of comfort and style. Its pretty dang comfortable but looks pretty dang good also.

The first pic is the zep and 2nd is the ultra seat.

D.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
i see the difference do u need a back rest for the stock seat.i have one for sale.i sold the stock seat i have a spare and looking to sell the backrest to put toward a seat.it is low profile.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Interested in any trades?

New Leather jacket? Stock or Aftermarket parts (have many)? New heat demons? New speakers? Firearm? Bulk ammo? Could add some cash too. PM me if your looking for anything specific.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts