Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’ve searched through the forums couldn’t find the thread for handlebars being off center.
Is it an easy fix? Also 25,000 on bike and read a few post about riser bushings. What would new risers bushings do for me?
Thanks
Tim in Indy

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi I’ve searched through the forums couldn’t find the thread for handlebars being off center.
Is it an easy fix? Also 25,000 on bike and read a few post about riser bushings. What would new risers bushings do for me?
Thanks
Tim in Indy
Where the bolts go up through the top triple tree, into the bottom of the risers, there are bushings around those bolts to help dampen vibrations that would otherwise transmit to your hands. If those bushings are worn (compressed), then your bars could look "turned" when compared to the upper triple tree. If your bars are to the right, you could try an easy fix. Loosen, but don't remove, the riser bolts from underneath (you'll need a 3/4" socket and long extension), and the turn your handlbars to the left. Once you hit the forkstop, push a little harder to the left and see if that corrects you problem. If it does, retorque the risers bolts underneath to factory spec.

Sometimes handlebars will also get "turned" when the riser cap bolts are over tightened and/or not cross pattern tightened. As the riser cap is pulled downwards, it will move the bar towards the bolts that aren't as tight, which can result in "turning".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts