Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 08 roadie, and since the new RG Ultras are out, its got me to thinking. Sell it and possibly by a CVO, if possible or a new RG Ultra. Other than the frame, which could be huge, what would I have to gain? Or should I just buy some more bling (wheels and such) and keep riding my 08? My bike has a detach TP with custom speakers, accents. Woods TW6 cams 96 ci. Hidden receiver hitch, oil cooler, custom bars, duals etc. Whats your thoughts?

HDeVille

· Registered
3,265 Posts
08 vs. 011

1 of them CVO's has got your name ON IT! The question is ,..."What would YOU do to IT? lol You got a "AWESOME" bike Sincecrazy, But you DESRVE THE NEW SHIT! You can Nickname it "SLEDGEHAMMER"

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 of them CVO's has got your name ON IT! The question is ,..."What would YOU do to IT? lol You got a "AWESOME" bike Sincecrazy, But you DESRVE THE NEW SHIT! You can Nickname it "SLEDGEHAMMER"
Truth is, after the sticker price, I couldnt afford to do much more. As for nicknames I call my Roadie 'HDeville'.

· Administrator
14,104 Posts
Well ya wudnt trade with me !!!!!!

I've sold many Harleys and later regretted it ..

Keep this one , one day we'll have ta hook up , wanna see this one in the flesh ..

You've done a fantastic job with it .. And everyone's different but I doubt you'd get your money out of it , but you prolly already know that

· Registered
177 Posts
I'd keep the 08. I was at the dealer the other day contemplating the same thing. I have an 08 orange RG as well. The ultra is nice but by the time I would finish getting it the way I want it I may as well buy a CVO. I really like my bike so I think I will just keep modding it much cheaper than a new CVO. I think if I was to get rid of the 08 I would get a used 09 CVO.

· Gone But Not Forgotten
5,188 Posts
Sincecrazy, that's a tough decision you have in front of you. You have a sweet ride now that's probably just about the way you want it, both asthetically and performance wise. The CVO's and Ultra's are nice rides, but like you said laying out the bucks for a new ride could get in the way of getting to where you want it. I would say, keep and ride what you have, no need to get in a hurry... Easier said than done, I know. For me it was a pretty easy choice when I pulled the trigger on my 2010, the biggest factor was how badly I wanted the RG ride, the other was that my situation changed, and I am now two up most of the time. My SG had all the performance mods I wanted, but riding two up was not very comfortable. Now we are comfortable, but need to do some performance work. Good luck whatever you decide to do...

· Registered
206 Posts
Keep your man. By the time you add the rest of the stuff to the new bike, I just dont think the output of money would be worth it....you have an awesome ride as it is.

· Registered
277 Posts
I call dibs on the tour pack!!!!!

All kidding aside, you've made it your own, looks fantastic, and you probably won't get what you need out of it on trade. I'd keep it.

I still have dibs on the pack!!

· Registered
2,362 Posts
I went to the dealer yesterday thinking I was going to walk out with a 2011 RG Ultra. After looking at the bike I purchased a 2010 RG Custom. I'm doing the conversion myself for a lot less money. I traded my 07 but if I had an 08 I would keep it. You can make your bike a 110 for a fraction of the cost of buying an CVO. You already have to tour pack and all the accessories. That said, the new frame and ABS breaks are nice. It's a big decision.

· Registered
8,226 Posts
I know you have put a lot of work into that bike, but you did it all,.. so its not like you can't replicate it and do that to another bike. With that said, I'd opt for a new bike. IMO the new frames are worth the upgrade and make putting on any amount of miles so much more enjoyable.

· Registered
67 Posts
I upgraded my '07 to an Ultra back a few years ago. I was able to shop most of the parts from ebay and saved $$$. I did this strictly because the wife and I tour on the RG and needed the CB/Intercom for communicating and talking with others on their Ultras and Wings. Most don't realize that the upgrade is plug and play. You already have the intercom system built in to the HK radio. I posted a thread in the DIY for this upgrade for the '07. I would think that the same would be somewhat similar for the '08. I am happy with the outcome and have way less in my bike than an 2011 would cost me. I'm sure the upgraded frame, extra gal of fuel and the 103 are nice additions, but I've gotten by without them on many road trips. But hey, the temptation of the new RGU is always there.:D

· Registered
656 Posts
I made the leap last year with my 08SG for a 10RG. Actaul my leap was even bigger because I went from multi bike with bat wings to the 2010 Road Glide. Best move I ever made and have not looked back once. Other than going backwards a little on money. Sometimes you need to go back to move forward. I'll tell you the new frame jumps you forward quite a bit. It is night and day from the old design. This is going to be (I hope I dont eat these words) the first HD I plan on keeping for more than a couple of years. The only thing that could move me now would be a water cooled rocket ship. Not sure when they will build it and what it will even look like. So I'm very good for a while. Good Luck with your decision.

· Registered
323 Posts
I watched your fabrication talent in amazement. Without a doubt you can replicate anything a CVO has to offer except the frame. By the way, you could sell that primed fabricated tourpak on line and make a fortune!

· Registered
3,265 Posts
Study LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG,... Study WRONG! So join in on the fun here Sincecrazy, What are ya thinkn? Are ya waiting to see all the "NEW"- get it?,... "NEW" Colors in person? Even Chainsaw agrees w/me! LOL Just keep saying to yourself," New Motorcycle",... "New Motorcycle"!

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Study LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG,... Study WRONG! So join in on the fun here Sincecrazy, What are ya thinkn? Are ya waiting to see all the "NEW"- get it?,... "NEW" Colors in person? Even Chainsaw agrees w/me! LOL Just keep saying to yourself," New Motorcycle",... "New Motorcycle"!
Neno, Im going to have you banned from this forum! Im still weighing my options. From the pics on the puter I would like to see the CVO brown/cream in person. Im thinking those colors would look classy. I'll give the loud colors a rest for a bit. I had contacted my local stealership, but they have yet to put a number on HDeVille as trade in, and they dont have the color bike I had mentioned before. So, so far its working out. More beer please!

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just looked at the CVO Streetglide,,,,,-----Sweet! I dont get it though, why you get speaker pods in the lowers for that bike and not the other CVO's. Same marketing bs from the motorco, as usual.

· Registered
3,265 Posts
Neno, Im going to have you banned from this forum! Im still weighing my options. From the pics on the puter I would like to see the CVO brown/cream in person. Im thinking those colors would look classy. I'll give the loud colors a rest for a bit. I had contacted my local stealership, but they have yet to put a number on HDeVille as trade in, and they dont have the color bike I had mentioned before. So, so far its working out. More beer please!
Moss TEQUILA! I really really like colors. The two-tone Cream is the shit!, from pics. I agree TOTALLY! If ya dont get your name on a CVO soon, I would imagine they might be hard to get? I hope the stealership dont INSULT you to bad, w/ a $ amount for HDeville.

· Registered
533 Posts
From the pics on the puter I would like to see the CVO brown/cream in person. Im thinking those colors would look classy. I'll give the loud colors a rest for a bit. I had contacted my local stealership, but they have yet to put a number on HDeVille as trade in, and they dont have the color bike I had mentioned before.
Watch out for the Cream / Brown color combination.

It is (IMO) completely overwhelming when viewed from the saddle.

Just way too much Cream, but from any other angle, it looks great!

· Registered
8,226 Posts
I just looked at the CVO Streetglide,,,,,-----Sweet! I dont get it though, why you get speaker pods in the lowers for that bike and not the other CVO's. Same marketing bs from the motorco, as usual.
You get the same arguement from guys about the CVO Ultra,.. why does it only come in 1 color, and the CVO Road Glide Ultra come in 3? Your right, marketing b.s. and trying to push certain models.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.