Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched both the forum and web but really can't seem to find the answer...is there a difference in the throttle body sizes between these years (I am referring to 96ci motors only) and if so, can you please tell me the sizes...

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
The 2008 thru 2013 96" & 103" touring models all use the same 50mm Throttle body. You need the TBW throttle body which was touring model specific.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ironmark...that's what I thought...would you happen to know if there is a difference in the brackets for mounting the air cleaners...reason is the parts catalog has the SE Ventilator for 2009 models and up...I'm trying to find out why, as I thought the throttle bodies are the same.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I would think the the SE ventilator should work on the 08 TBW. The only thing that may keep the ventilator from working would be the mounting plate and that would require a redesign of the TBW TB between 08 and 09 which I would think is unlikely. It may be because HD didn't have the SE ventilator until 2009 so their part number ended in 09. HD has a different part number for the SE Ventilator that fits the 08 and later with the 58mm TB. When I looked at my 50mm TB and the 58mm TB ( I have both) they both look the same when it come to the air filter mounting. If you can go to a dealer and see if you can compare the mounting plates between the 08 high flow and the SE Ventilator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts